A&H

Spain Vs Russia

The Referee Store
What about the Russian and Ramos penalties where they delay their run at the end of the run... anyone calling those two back?

Everything is in the kicker's favor. It's wrong, but allowed
"feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted)"

IMHO no. Not everything. But this is one of those horrible parts of the LotG. Is the last step the moment that the run up is "completed" or before, is the kick the only thing after the run up is "completed"...? I really don't know... but I think the Russian #4 feinted after the run up. Ramos just slowed down for the last 3 steps...

Yes but he didn't connect.........ball then headed onto his arm.....NOT handball, never, ever, ever.....and if all of you do not see this, you must have been brainwashed.......
In a ceremonial free kick, all defenders stand in the wall facing their own goal with their hands all the way up in the the air. The free kick is taken and "the ball" hits one of the defender's hands. Will you give this as a handball?

In a ceremonial free kick, all defenders stand in the wall facing their own goal with their hands all the way up in the the air. The free kick is taken and "the ball" hits one of the defender's hands. Will you give this as a handball?
But thats not what happened and you've twisted the situation around to push a weak argument!!

It’s coming home
1f3f4_e0067_e0062_e0065_e006e_e0067_e007f.png
1f981.png
1f981.png
1f981.png
2764.png

36448083_1806600136043540_8996084858631487488_n.jpg

Well...in about six weeks you'll see it.
Sad times 😫 The American style circus will win the day. I long since fell out of love with elite football, so nails in the coffin don't matter a jot when it's 6 foot under. England's opportunity has raised some dead enthusiasm, but i only really care about the amateur game. The trap into which i've fallen, of watching the soap opera again, has aroused disdain i hold for elite football and its financially motivated governance. Your constant defence of this governance has seemed disingenuous throughout
I'm 70% sure the Spanish handball was not a penalty because i listen. You're bigoted view that anyone disagreeing with you hasn't listened to training is an insult. I'm intelligent and was subjected to the training your organisations delegated to this part of the world. The vehement disagreement between forumites is a function of the governance you're compelled to defend. Not the intelligence of fellow officials

Last edited:
For the handball Penalty. For the Ramos incident it looked like on seeing it again Ramos started it but it also looked like Pique was pulled down so was really surprised no penalty on review although there were not many replays after the game of that incident.

Unless we're saying he he has eyes in the back of his head, he couldn't have had any idea where the ball was. I don't see how you can deliberately handle a ball if you don't even know where it is.

Because he would have been aware of where the attacker was and potentially lifted his arm to stop the ball. You don't have to know where the ball is to illegally prevent it heading towards goal. A defender could be running towards goal, a ball is played behind him to an attacker who takes a first time shot. The defender, knowing the player who he's marking is right next to him, could do a star jump to prevent the ball going past him. I know I may be going slightly far-fetched with my example, but you don't have to know where the ball is to attempt to stop it

Because he would have been aware of where the attacker was and potentially lifted his arm to stop the ball. You don't have to know where the ball is to illegally prevent it heading towards goal. A defender could be running towards goal, a ball is played behind him to an attacker who takes a first time shot. The defender, knowing the player who he's marking is right next to him, could do a star jump to prevent the ball going past him. I know I may be going slightly far-fetched with my example, but you don't have to know where the ball is to attempt to stop it
Your last sentence accurately summed up that last post.... far fetched!! :rolleyes:

Your last sentence accurately summed up that last post.... far fetched!! :rolleyes:

The example may be slightly far fetched but surely there can be some acceptance to the point that you don't have to know where the ball is to try and deliberately stop it? Pique knows the attacker is behind him, knows the ball is going over his head to he lifts an arm up. That isn't far fetched

The example may be slightly far fetched but surely there can be some acceptance to the point that you don't have to know where the ball is to try and deliberately stop it? Pique knows the attacker is behind him, knows the ball is going over his head to he lifts an arm up. That isn't far fetched
Surely you would have to know where the ball is to deliberately stop it or else everything else is guesswork?

Because he would have been aware of where the attacker was and potentially lifted his arm to stop the ball. You don't have to know where the ball is to illegally prevent it heading towards goal.

Yes you do, by the very definition of the word. You might deliberately raise your arm in the hope that the ball hits it, but that isn't the same thing as deliberately handling the ball.

Surely you would have to know where the ball is to deliberately stop it or else everything else is guesswork?

Guesswork is still a deliberate act. If he tries to stop the ball by putting his arm up knowing the attacker behind him is likely to win it, whether he guesses or not as to where the ball will end up, it's still deliberate

Yes you do, by the very definition of the word. You might deliberately raise your arm in the hope that the ball hits it, but that isn't the same thing as deliberately handling the ball.

That doesn't make sense. If he's facing the attacker and sticks his arm up hoping that the ball will hit it, that's handball. Why does it matter which way he is facing? The deliberate action and the intent is still the same

Back