A&H

Spain Vs Russia

The Referee Store
Now Santa you're not going to tell us that Ramos was holding onto the defender and it should be a FK right?

10th own goal of the tournament. Its not just the penalties. Must be something in the Russian water.

I love Dave Silva but... he really is not a goal threat... he is a terrible shooter... and this Spain team seems... well, toothless after Costa.

Would like to see the Russians get rougher TBH

The ball traveled no distance and the hand did not move towards the ball, so it fails on the main two criteria for HB

Not HB for me, but i've lost all comprehension of what is meant by 'deliberate'

Literally this. Is not deliberate but this is what FIFA want calling so why don’t we just throw away the rest of the LOTG and ref how we see fit while we’re at it?!

Nailed on HB for me. His right hand came down. Hi left was coming down but went back up. Very very deliberate.

Of course. If you don't call this is a foul, watch how quickly professional defenders find ways to start "accidentally" knocking down shots and crosses with their arms. I'd say I'm shocked people don't think that's HB, but it's hard to be shocked anymore on this forum.

Mike Dean gave a carbon copy against Newcastle and Lascelles a few years back, for which he was openly derided. We stopped seeing these given in the Premier League and I thought we were making progress to having a common understanding

Not HB for me, but i've lost all comprehension of what is meant by 'deliberate'
You know the guidance- This was clearly an offence based on what we know from the LotG and the guidance about unnatural position. Pique doesn't have a leg to stand on there.

It's not "deliberate" in the general meaning of the word, as it is not hand to ball and he doesn't make contact with the ball consciously, but it is "deliberate" in terms of the LotG based on the guidance.

This is clear. And excellent from Kuipers.

The LotG part that says "Body language is not an explanation of a decision." should be revised. We have seen from this WC that the use of different hand signals is very useful in communicating decisions to players and the audience.

Of course. If you don't call this is a foul, watch how quickly professional defenders find ways to start "accidentally" knocking down shots and crosses with their arms. I'd say I'm shocked people don't think that's HB, but it's hard to be shocked anymore on this forum.
What was deliberate about that?

Back