A&H

Spain Vs Russia

Had It hit him without rebound I’m in agreement, After the rebound I’m totally not in agreement. How can that possibly be deliberate facing away from the ball? No criteria is ticked, bad call for me!

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand) - TICK
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball) - TICK as this was not an unexpected ball.

Pique knows the attacker is behind and is aware that he is likely to be heading it in that general area.

The Referee Store
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand) - TICK
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball) - TICK as this was not an unexpected ball. NOT TICK, It was past him! Unexpected it returned!

Pique knows the attacker is behind and is aware that he is likely to be heading it in that general area.
you can read minds now?...

It must be frustrating to watch games and see that every professional referee calls handling incorrectly while you sit on your couch with the knowledge of what the laws actually are.

And to further back up the point...
Intentional is in the referee terms section as follows...

Intentional
A deliberate action (not an accident)

And to further back up the point...
Intentional is in the referee terms section as follows...

Intentional
A deliberate action (not an accident)
A deliberate deflection back onto a player facing the other way. Come on James?

Last edited by a moderator:
A deliberate deflection back onto a player facing the other way. Come on James?
No, the player was heading it towards the goal. Prevented by a deliberate act of handling the ball.

Lets leave the football rivalries to one side - this is a referees forum, not bladesmad/owlstalk etc.

No, the player was heading it towards the goal. Prevented by a deliberate act of handling the ball.

Lets leave the football rivalries to one side - this is a referees forum, not bladesmad/owlstalk etc.
We’ll never agree, move on!

Unless he has eyes in the back of his head, I fail to see how it can be deliberate. He might have a good idea where the ball is, but he doesn't for sure - how can it be deliberate handling then if he's going by guesswork?!

What if I were a defender going in to block a shot and close my eyes before its taken but throw my arms out? I've a good idea where the ball is but don't know for sure.

The ref chief himself only on Fri cleared up what we "should" already know and has been stated here a million times before, our referee deliberate is not the same as our everyday life deliberate, In the same way, violent, is not the same as everyday violent. Maybe if we get in the mindset that Piques act was deliberatley taking action to ensure he would block that ball by any means possible, rather than, did he deliberatley catch the ball, gift wrap it then hand it over to his gk for safe keeping, then we might come round to the way of thinking that I believe this handball was correctly awarded.

It’s down to interpretation & the man in the middle at any given time.

I’m afraid folkes we’re all gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

I can understand comments about like 'stunned people thought it was a penalty'
We all have our own interpretation
What doesn't surprise me, is that we're roughly 50/50 on this. It's not like this is the first time we've been fiercely at odds with one another
The root cause therefore has to be the formulation of Law and the teaching of it, especially when we're feeding off infrequent circulars that don't circulate and casual comments in the media

I can understand comments about like 'stunned people thought it was a penalty'
We all have our own interpretation
What doesn't surprise me, is that we're roughly 50/50 on this. It's not like this is the first time we've been fiercely at odds with one another
The root cause therefore has to be the formulation of Law and the teaching of it, especially when we're feeding off infrequent circulars that don't circulate and casual comments in the media
I don't think we are 50/50 on it being an offence in the context of this game/tournament.

I fancy you are in a small 50 on this.

Back