A&H

Spain Vs Russia

The Referee Store
Just seen it, crap decision, never deliberate in the memory of man!! @Mintyref whats up with these young pups spoiling our beautiful game!!!
I think there might have been a circular, but I don't live on a roundabout!
If there is something official on this, either 2017 or recent weeks, I'd be interested; naturally

Have Spain had a PROPER shot on target... has the Russian goalkeeper had to attempt a real save?

I don't remember one in this game

First instinct: Penalty

On replay: Ramos had firm hold of Russian's shirt
First the def, then Ramos, then the def again... anywhere else on the field you make a decision, and IMHO it's a foul against the defender. Context though...

In a tournament dominated by positive bias towards identifying penalties, I was really surprised that didn't go to review. However, I think Sheff's assessment was probably right

Does Ramos have his rings covered in tape - anyone wanna go there?
Clearly he does; he’s not alone in this WC ... just one of the reasons I quit refereeing this year after 14 years is being sick of explaining why I apply Law 4 where there are countless TV examples where supposedly more qualified refs just can’t be a**ed

Starts to jumps and uses hands to get height. Natural.
View attachment 2166

Pushes both hands downwards to get further height. Natural
View attachment 2164

Left arm goes back up. Unnatural and very deliberate.
View attachment 2165
Yes but he didn't connect.........ball then headed onto his arm.....NOT handball, never, ever, ever.....and if all of you do not see this, you must have been brainwashed.......

Back