A&H

Spain Vs Russia

Of course. If you don't call this is a foul, watch how quickly professional defenders find ways to start "accidentally" knocking down shots and crosses with their arms. I'd say I'm shocked people don't think that's HB, but it's hard to be shocked anymore on this forum.
"The lady doth protest too much"

The Referee Store
Players jump with their hands in the air FFS
Why should players be punished for having arms?

It even hit him from behind.........joke decision, joke guidelines, change the goody law......all you need to do is remove the word deliberate.........everyone understands it then........

I recall Shearer being vehement in criticism of Dean a few years back for the same thing, now he nonchalantly declares that as deliberate
I expect that nonsense from commentators, but when credible referees disagree like this, it indicates the dire state of the game
Another .1% towards the VAR stat, so hardly likely for any progress on changing the Law

He starts to lower his arm and then reraises it to a vertical position as soon as he realizes the ball is going over his head. Not only was this deliberate in the LOTG definition, it was deliberate in the dictionary definition.

https://image.ibb.co/eraSsJ/Peek_2018_07_01_10_52.gif

So clear in my mind, shocked at some of disagreement! You're all entitled to your opinions of course, but I'm surprised how many don't think that is a penalty!

So clear in my mind, shocked at some of disagreement! You're all entitled to your opinions of course, but I'm surprised how many don't think that is a penalty!

I can at least understand some of the debate with other handling calls in this tournament, but for any qualified ref to think this wasn't a foul shows a complete failure in training. Or a complete unwillingness to accept said training. Harsh but true.

Unless we're saying he he has eyes in the back of his head, he couldn't have had any idea where the ball was. I don't see how you can deliberately handle a ball if you don't even know where it is.

I’ve got myself a cuision and planted it directly ontop of my fence.

I’m so undecided on this one.

Unless we're saying he he has eyes in the back of his head, he couldn't have had any idea where the ball was. I don't see how you can deliberately handle a ball if you don't even know where it is.
What's stopping every defender putting 2 arms in the air hoping the the ball hits them then? - "I wasn't looking ref, promise!"

Pique deliberately brought his hand up when his natural motion was bringing it down, right where the ball was - coincidence? What else was he doing?

Handball all day for me. Jumps using arms I normal motion brings one arm down but clearly puts other arm back up deliberately making himself bigger which ends up blocking the shot. Falls into the deliberately making yourself bigger category in my eyes. Based upon the down then back up motion of his arm I dont see how to interpret it as anything but deliberate

I can at least understand some of the debate with other handling calls in this tournament, but for any qualified ref to think this wasn't a foul shows a complete failure in training. Or a complete unwillingness to accept said training. Harsh but true.
Arrogant

There is a world in which this is HB and there's a world in which it is not. The fact that the two worlds exist is not a because of an intelligence gap between the two worlds, it's because the Laws are unclear; and applied in a random, chaotic manner. This is because of the morons who run the game, rather than any of us

I’m generally not in favour of the ‘unnatural position’ guidance as it’s often misinterpreted by people who haven’t played the game.

In this case he’s jumping with his arms like that for a reason and it’s not to gain more height with his jump!

There is a world in which this is HB and there's a world in which it is not. The fact that the two worlds exist is not a because of an intelligence gap between the two worlds, it's because the Laws are unclear; and applied in a random, chaotic manner. This is because of the morons who run the game, rather than any of us
I strongly disagree here. The IFAB, UEFA, Collina have it quite clear.

Yes, the wording in the LotG is incomplete, easily misunderstood (they should not use "deliberate") and unsatisfactory (real world situations like an attacker accidentally controlling the ball are not covered).

But this incident is clear and covered by what we know from IFAB, UEFA and from Collina only yesterday.

Back