A&H

Unsure of sanction...

The Referee Store
Nobody wants or expects a red card for this expect 5 people on ref chat...
I agree that nobody expects it, but if we were to give it and the report stated that we believed it to be sexual assault, is there an argument from the FA or offender? Probably not

I agree that nobody expects it, but if we were to give it and the report stated that we believed it to be sexual assault, is there an argument from the FA or offender? Probably not
To call it sexual assault is one of the weirdest things ive read on this forum too.... Its not, and you know it!!!

I’ve read a lot of weird/stupid comments on this forum but this tops the lot. ‘Not really that sexual’ is one of the worst discussion points I’ve ever heard.

Agree, sorry Sheff

Am thinking only full scale penetration is registering as "sexual" and even then, according to some comments, its perfectly fine depending if the other party enjoyed it :(

Get real people.....sexual assault? Really? I can think of a lot worse things than being the recipient of an unwanted kiss.............
That's a pretty meaningless post? I can think of worse things than having someone run up to me in the street and punch me in the face, but I should just get over it because murder exists?

Get real people.....sexual assault? Really? I can think of a lot worse things than being the recipient of an unwanted kiss.............

I honestly can't believe I've just read that. "I can think of a lot of worse things". Absolutely disgraceful. Find it baffling that there are people who still think it's acceptable to act towards someone in a (sexually) unconsensual manner, regardless of how 'serious' it is or for how long it lasts.

If patting someones ass for a millisecond is sexual assualt and punishable by jail,kissing someone else without consent is worse

Had the Cardiff player reacted with a swing, (as much as the red for his actionx is down to him): How on any planet can that be fair!!!

Anyone saying its ok, as has been posted, am sure you are fine in the work place when your boss lands a smoochy on you
Do you shower naked with your boss? I'm guessing not. An office and a football team are not comparable.

To call it sexual assault is one of the weirdest things ive read on this forum too.... Its not, and you know it!!!

Here you go Sheff, have a read of this. It even has some nice pictures to help you understand

Attachments

• 646FD6BC-EDD1-433F-8F7F-8C2BF870FB11.png
    646FD6BC-EDD1-433F-8F7F-8C2BF870FB11.png
    586.1 KB · Views: 9
If it's clearly sexual assault, why isn't the FA investigating immediately? Why haven't Cardiff put out a statement? Why isn't this awful sexual assault front page news?
I don’t know? But I’m sure you can see why people think people it’s sexual assault

Do you shower naked with your boss? I'm guessing not. An office and a football team are not comparable.

A comunial shower, if it did happen in my work, is not sexual
Nor is a general shower in a gym
Being smooched in shower in gym = sexual assault, Unless of course its a hot grindr meet, but, leaving that aside..

If it's clearly sexual assault, why isn't the FA investigating immediately? Why haven't Cardiff put out a statement? Why isn't this awful sexual assault front page news?

The suggestion of Dave Lee Travis patting a female on the bum during TOTP.....sexual assault

Let’s flip it. If Joe Bennett put in a complaint of sexual harassment of Barnes, what would the FA/Burnley’s argument be?

I kinda hope this thread gets locked as clearly half the folk posting on it need an education in how to behave in a decent society, and we should all revert to focussing on referee matters/opinions. Myself included.

unwanted kissing is not sexual assault to some folk. That is truly terrifying that I share an island on the world with such ignorance.

When it's just 3/4 refs on a forum that think this is a major issue in football, maybe they're wrong?

Nothing from the clubs, nothing from the players involved, nothing from the fans, nothing from the officials on the day, nothing from the press... I could go on.

I don’t know? But I’m sure you can see why people think people it’s sexual assault
I'm not saying going up to a coworker and kissing them without their consent isn't sexual assault/harassment. In the context of a football game (which is not the same as an office setting) when it is clearly done to wind someone up, it is not this huge issue that needs a red card, misconduct report, ban etc. Caution was what Barnes got (I think) and that's exactly what I would do.

This is not to say it could never be a red card, I can perfectly picture a scenario where it would be, but this? Absolutely not.

When it's just 3/4 refs on a forum that think this is a major issue in football, maybe they're wrong?

Nothing from the clubs, nothing from the players involved, nothing from the fans, nothing from the officials on the day, nothing from the press... I could go on.

So racism and homophobia and so on are only a problem if anyone is upset by it??!!!!!!

I/e 2 Serbia city teams playing, racist chanting everywhere, but, no coloured players/fans to get offended so its ok :(

No one has said it is a "major issue in football".

The fact that the club's, fans, fa or match officials haven't said anything means nothing.

You cannot kiss someone without their consent, either given directly or implied.

If the player who was kissed makes a complaint to the Police, do you think they will go "It's only football, it's not like it's in an office", or, do you think they will investigate it?

Haven't the police and the FA got enough to do already in chasing the Barry Bennalls of this world... Maybe not!! ..... Lets start a new campaign!!!

Back