A&H

Unsure of sanction...

Peach

Level 4 Referee
Scenario: OA mens game. A gobby, erratic, wind-up merchant who never fails to get a caution every game as a minimum is marking a player at a throw in, constantly talking and attempting to get in the players head... all of a sudden he kisses the opponent on the mouth! What on earth do you give there?! please don't reply 'your number' :D...

Reactions: one
The Referee Store
Yellow for USB/showing lack of respect.

Some might go red (depending on opponent's reaction) for OFFINABUS (gesture).

Last edited:
How did the opponent react? Not saying that changes the punishment for the player but it could definitely rile some players up.

I’d be going red BTW, it’s sexual assault. Some people may find it funny at the time but that’s what it is

At risk of being called Snowflakey and Petal esq and any reference to pandeing to equality, pc world, ( or indeed Currys), if your not dismissing for this then you really need to contact your RDO or equal, before your next apt, and clarify the sanction here, actually hearing it from a real person and not an internet random

As already said, its not only a clear red card, its (sexual) assualt

If you are not aware of this, you are needing educated without haste , ideally from your local person of responsibiity.

There is no grey area. Its a red card.

Gauge the reactiin. Was the opponent his partner? Unsolicited / unconsentual kiss on the mouth is considered sexual assaults. From your post it sounds that way so easy send off.

Take a pick between OFFINABUS, VC(?) or spitting/biting.

That boxer (Kubrat Pulev) is up for assault for kissing the journalist last week
Even if the other player was overtly receptive to the amorous approach, it's still a red card. Possibly also for the other lovebird. No place for that on my FOP 💖💋😘

Gauge the reactiin. Was the opponent his partner? Unsolicited / unconsentual kiss on the mouth is considered sexual assaults. From your post it sounds that way so easy send off.

Mr Wallace only likes to be, erm, kissed, by Mrs Wallace

E829ECE5-830C-46D6-A572-B1FECB3D5D0A.jpeg

Take a pick between OFFINABUS, VC(?) or spitting/biting.

Nope I’m sorry, for me the reaction of the opponent has nothing to do with it. Some people wouldn’t know how to react

Nope I’m sorry, for me the reaction of the opponent has nothing to do with it. Some people wouldn’t know how to react
So if the kiss in the article I posted in post #11 happens in your game, you'd send them both off?

Not I did not say your decision is purely based on the reaction. Its one of the things you consider in your decisions.

So if the kiss in the article I posted in post #11 happens in your game, you'd send them both off?

Not I did not say your decision is purely based on the reaction. Its one of the things you consider in your decisions.
I don't agree with this. However, it seems to have happened after the game, hopefully after the ref had left the FOP!

I don't agree with this. However, it seems to have happened after the game, hopefully after the ref had left the FOP!
That didn't answer the questions though. Would you red card them both if it happens in your game, mid game, at half time or immediately after full time on the FOP?

Reactions: JH
That didn't answer the questions though. Would you red card them both if it happens in your game, mid game, at half time or immediately after full time on the FOP?
Only if they didn't let me watch ;)

Reactions: one
At risk of being called Snowflakey and Petal esq and any reference to pandeing to equality, pc world, ( or indeed Currys), if your not dismissing for this then you really need to contact your RDO or equal, before your next apt, and clarify the sanction here, actually hearing it from a real person and not an internet random

As already said, its not only a clear red card, its (sexual) assualt

If you are not aware of this, you are needing educated without haste , ideally from your local person of responsibiity.

There is no grey area. Its a red card.

Zip it snowflake. :p:D

That's a good and thought provoking question.
Other than reading the article and with the still pic on display, I am struggling to put the incident into a game I would be on, but, trying my best, am imagining a goal and this married couple (one from each side) start winching
I think if I notice it, I would be whistling/being vocal, whatever, and trying to stop it, and if need be, saying to both players that as referee, i dont feel this is the time or place for this kind of affection.
I would probably say to them that a repeat would have me considering a sanction

of course there are the Scholes/Neville and, I think Smith/Batty or Kewell at Leeds where they ate each others faces off after scoring a goal, but having a feel for the game at the time, those are different to an opponent doing it clearly againgst someones wishes

Last edited:

I don’t think reaction matters but when it’s consenual there’s no issue. This is talking non consensual and assault and I think it would be pretty straight forward to work out which one it is. Even if it was their partner is doesn’t mean there was consent

Irrelevant, we’re talking non consensual. Reaction doesn’t matter

Back