A&H

Serbia v Switzerland

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
Right, feet up for second half, busy day selling companies!! What have I missed in this one? Is it Winner Takes it all yet??

The Referee Store
Swatch your mouth Serbia ain’t out of this one yet.

Oooh, interesting law question there. Shaquiri gets a knock in a fair (according to the ref) challenge on the touchline. Falls over and rolls off the field into his own technical area in the process. What do the laws say regarding if he is allowed to be treated? And if he is treated, when is he allowed to come back on? Does anything change if he rolls into the opponent's technical area or neutral ground?

Got another look to that Mitrovic incident, and it looks to me that the defenders have arms around him but the first "big" foul was by Mitro when he pushed Swiss defender's head. All the "Rugby tackling" happened after that.

It's pretty damn clear that VAR isn't getting involved for holding fouls. The Kane and Serbia holding fouls are clear errors and I don't know why the VARs refuse to get involved with them.

It's pretty damn clear that VAR isn't getting involved for holding fouls. The Kane and Serbia holding fouls are clear errors and I don't know why the VARs refuse to get involved with them.
It would be good to here from that from the chiefs, would clear things up a bit

Got another look to that Mitrovic incident, and it looks to me that the defenders have arms around him but the first "big" foul was by Mitro when he pushed Swiss defender's head. All the "Rugby tackling" happened after that.
Still it's got to be a foul of one kind or another.

Is VAR allowed to say there could have potentially been an attacking foul before the holding incident occurred therefore the missed holding offence wasn't a clear and obvious error?

Stat alert......Russia have won their opening two matches at the World Cup⁠ for the first time since 1966.:eek:

England then went on to win the tournament.:)

It’s Coming Home Boys!
1f389.png
:blackeye:

Is VAR allowed to say there could have potentially been an attacking foul before the holding incident occurred therefore the missed holding offence wasn't a clear and obvious error?

Yeah. The really clear hold/rugby tackle occurred after the Serb forearmed the Swiss defender. It follows that the VAR decided that a clear and obvious error did not occur BEFORE that. I don't agree with that view, but it's probably what the VAR decided.

There wasn't "clear and obvious" error because the call was correct; the first foul (foul by Mitro) got punished

Back