A&H

Russia Saudi

Didn’t watch much of this one but the bits I saw the ref did ok, looked like a bit of an end of season affair. Russia are my Stoke City of the tournament from now on! I just hope none of you have got Saudi Arabia in your office sweepstake!
Depends... most do a worst performers so nailed on 30quid in ours if you have Saudi Arabia.

The Referee Store
Am sorry, I would sprinkle rose petals on the ground for Mark Clattenburg but he just classed the pk appeal as initiated contact, which, for me, is defined by, "pretending to be fouled", which in turn, esp in the pen box, has to be a caution??
Well, if seen by the match referee and judged as such at the time, then yes, it would have to have been a caution. The match referee didn't see and/or judge it to be simulation, though.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Well, if seen by the match referee and judged as such at the time, then yes, it would have to have been a caution. The match referee didn't see and/or judge it to be simulation, though.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Clattenburg, the expert in the studio clearly said the incident was initiating contact. Which, should., be a yellow card?
The point am making is one of the leading authorities on worldwide referreeing is telling a nation, this is simulation

Whereas to the referee, and for what its worth me, its simply a case of no foul.

Reactions: JH
We get out of the group, at the very least this year. That I am confident of

Wales Slovakia Iceland

Panama Tunisia Belgium

Isn’t a great deal of difference imo but I do agree I’m confident that the young squad & vibe Southgate has created should be enough to get us out of the group.

After that erm...

The fact that there wasn't even a noticible delay with the VAR checking the 4th goal shows the improved efficiency compared to the England trials.

d1ZRDdq.jpg
Criticism of VAR decisions, just like referee decisions are going to be very much context driven. A poor decision could be looked at as "who cares", and a 50-50 decision seen as the worst decision in the history of football. Russia's 4th goal here is a perfect example. Was it offside? in the context of the game, who cares. But if this was the only goal of the game, one could easily argue that it was offside by an inch or two and VAR with all the money and technology spent on it should have picked it up.

By the same token, I think VAR would have take a lot more time to 'check' this goal (rightly so) if it was the only goal of the game in the 90th minute.

Massive’s ex players, totally lost me with that Sheff what do u mean ?

We are dwarfed up here by A Massive club, I was just checking if any of their recent internationals had made it to the World Cup, a few of our ex players did, I was just wondering if any of theirs did!

We are dwarfed up here by A Massive club, I was just checking if any of their recent internationals had made it to the World Cup, a few of our ex players did, I was just wondering if any of theirs did!

Who’s the massive club, Fleetwood?

No, For sure 2 - 3 of our £50-million rated ex-players are there, I was just scanning the teams and wondered if I'd missed any for my grandsons wall chart. I know little Barry Bannon just missed out, but wondered if any of their other stars missed out too or managed to catch a plane?? Joey Pelupessy, Atdhe Nuhiu, Van Arken??? Anyone??

No, For sure 2 - 3 of our £50-million rated ex-players are there, I was just scanning the teams and wondered if I'd missed any for my grandsons wall chart. I know little Barry Bannon just missed out, but wondered if any of their other stars missed out too or managed to catch a plane?? Joey Pelupessy, Atdhe Nuhiu, Van Arken??? Anyone??

So your saying Wednesday are the biggest club in Sheffield.

Kyle Walker Atleast he played for the blades, we at Qpr never got to see Sterling.

"Ex-players". Who made there names elsewhere. Not really sure what your point is... its well documented wednesday have not had a proper academy system until more recently. A youth setup that is now churning out some decent prospects. We also have a number of players regularly being picked for nations that haven't qualified.
Anyway, given that neither of our players, past or present, play for Saudi Arabia or Russia then I dont see how any of this has any relevance to the thread!

"Ex-players". Who made there names elsewhere. Not really sure what your point is... its well documented wednesday have not had a proper academy system until more recently. A youth setup that is now churning out some decent prospects. We also have a number of players regularly being picked for nations that haven't qualified.
Anyway, given that neither of our players, past or present, play for Saudi Arabia or Russia then I dont see how any of this has any relevance to the thread!
I was just checking James, you never know these days where these superstars are from!

But if this was the only goal of the game, one could easily argue that it was offside by an inch or two and VAR with all the money and technology spent on it should have picked it up.

By the same token, I think VAR would have take a lot more time to 'check' this goal (rightly so) if it was the only goal of the game in the 90th minute.
Seeing that they have the cool new 3D line technology to view offside position decisions fairly instantly, I'm sure that the time to "check" this goal would have taken almost exactly the same amount of time in either case.

A poor decision could be looked at as "who cares", and a 50-50 decision seen as the worst decision in the history of football. Russia's 4th goal here is a perfect example. Was it offside? in the context of the game, who cares.
But this is a tournament and every goal has an impact. Goal difference to decide who gets out of the group stage? Who finishes group winner or runner up? Plus there's always the Golden Boot award, too.
Perhaps it wasn't a big enough decision?

Back