A&H

MOAS appointment

Thanks.

I will be upfront and honest and see what happens. I am still looking forward to it and ironically, I don’t think I would have been appointed to any had my correct address been entered, so I look upon it as a positive.
Fair enough & honesty is always best policy. With you travelling a fair distance, to always give yourself plenty of time getting there. I hope it all goes well for you.

A&H International
Funny story.. I have had another appointment through (my third ever) and I upon looking at the location started to see a pattern… they were a very long way away.

Having then checked my MOAS account my address is completely wrong. Tomorrow I am travelling a 142 mile round trip to run the line. I just thought this was normal.

I have emailed to explain and hope that my other appointment can be changed.

Also I am having to claim a large amount of expenses from the home team tomorrow which I have made them aware about, will this be okay?

Any advice here would be useful thanks!
Funnily enough, I have the exact same problem tomorrow. 😂

The MOAS system had details for me from 2010! NB: I quit refereeing around 2013 before returning to officiating and retaking the course in a different county a couple of years ago.

Having been nominated by my county for FA Cup/FA Youth Cup games this season, I'm doing my first ever FA Cup game tomorrow on the line... back in my original county - a 155 mile round trip for me!

I'll put my mileage tomorrow as the address MOAS thought I had - it's hardly the home club's fault - but it does beg the question about GDPR and data retention in the MOAS system.

Regardless of the long trip/day tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to it!

Tuesday morning, I was sat in a cafe in Athens enjoying a cool drink when I decided to check my emails to find I had been appointed as a (replacement) AR and will also be making my FA cup debut on Saturday.

Minor panic #1 - had no idea what my FAN number or Wholegame password is (normally do all my admin on a desktop PC at home) so wasn’t sure I’d be able to log in to MOAS, but thanks to Google account remembering all my passwords (despite what device I was on) I was able to log on and confirm

Minor panic #2 - was due to fly back late Wednesday/early hours of Thursday but flight was initially delayed, and then looking like it might get cancelled. Next flight back was Sunday! In the end, just had to suffer a 3 hour delay.

Looking forward to tomorrow…
Well that went well, enjoyed the game. Home team won 1-0 in front of a large crowd against a team from the next tier up. Weather was lovely, and the only goal came from an excellent advantage from the man in the middle.

Was good to work as part of a team of three, was good to be an active part of the most famous and prestigious club cup competitions and I will now look out for the results from games in this particular pathway to the final in May.

Well that went well, enjoyed the game. Home team won 1-0 in front of a large crowd against a team from the next tier up. Weather was lovely, and the only goal came from an excellent advantage from the man in the middle.

Was good to work as part of a team of three, was good to be an active part of the most famous and prestigious club cup competitions and I will now look out for the results from games in this particular pathway to the final in May.

Throughly enjoyed mine as well. Highest level I have ever officiated at so good experience.

They’re like busses!

For years you are on the list, but hear nothing.

Then, after my first FA Cup game two weeks ago, today I received another two MOAS emails: another FA cup game on Saturday, and then an FA Vase game the week later.

At this rate, I’d best keep my Saturdays in May free … ;)

They’re like busses!

Then, after my first FA Cup game two weeks ago, today I received another two MOAS emails: another FA cup game on Saturday, and then an FA Vase game the week later.

You are obviously doing something right!

They’re like busses!

Yeah I love August.
Always keep my Saturdays free from County League or FA Observer appointments in August since that's when there's often a glut of FA Cup/Vase/Youth Cup games on offer.
This season's August hasn't disappointed either. 2 FA Cup, 1 FA Vase and 1 FA Youth Cup appointments so far!
Love it.

My second FA Cup appointment means, assuming all my games go ahead, I'll have done as many middles by the end of August this season than I had by the end of January last season. 😆
It seems like there may be a relative shortage of referees at some levels in some parts of the country this year.

At the same level as you, I have 8 appointments this month across middles and lines, whereas most of last season I was getting less than half of that.

I expect it to change once August is out of the way, but hoping if nothing else the intro of 4th officials at Step 2 will bolster it a bit

Whereas at the same level here I have received 2 middles and 1 line. Was hoping that the introduction of 3/4 additional south west based teams and the relative stagnation of the number match officials in this area would slightly increase number of games but as yet no such luck.

Whereas at the same level here I have received 2 middles and 1 line. Was hoping that the introduction of 3/4 additional south west based teams and the relative stagnation of the number match officials in this area would slightly increase number of games but as yet no such luck.
Perhaps not for you, but whenever I received lack of appointments (albeit as an Observer), I would send an email prompt just letting them know that I was about on the dates I wasn’t initially selected during the month and 8 times out of 10 i would get a game. I was always very polite and said that I will always understand if no appointments about etc and if I still didn’t get a game I would send no further prompts - 1 go at it and that was it (for that particular month).

Perhaps not for you, but whenever I received lack of appointments (albeit as an Observer), I would send an email prompt just letting them know that I was about on the dates I wasn’t initially selected during the month and 8 times out of 10 i would get a game. I was always very polite and said that I will always understand if no appointments about etc and if I still didn’t get a game I would send no further prompts - 1 go at it and that was it (for that particular month).
Same for us all down here in terms of numbers... And I think the downshot of that is there then aren't, seemingly, many reappointments either with folks desperately holding on to what they get! Could be wrong there but I've only ever had 1 or 2 games that I know for sure we're reappointments.

Same for us all down here in terms of numbers... And I think the downshot of that is there then aren't, seemingly, many reappointments either with folks desperately holding on to what they get! Could be wrong there but I've only ever had 1 or 2 games that I know for sure we're reappointments.
I thought that may be the case, and must be frustrating.

Move.
You don't belong down there anyway!! ;):D:p

Im 17. I was registered for maos should I expect any fa cup games this season or is it too early?
More likely too late. Extra Prelim/Prelim round and respective replays all finishing up this week.

If you're below Level 4, which is 95% likely to be the case at 17, I'm afraid it's a year wait for the next round.

FA Youth Cup/FA Vase still in early stages.

Back