A&H

MOAS appointment

A&H International
Just had my first MOAS appointment through for the season. Making my debut in the FA cup on the 3rd August. Buzzing!
Tuesday morning, I was sat in a cafe in Athens enjoying a cool drink when I decided to check my emails to find I had been appointed as a (replacement) AR and will also be making my FA cup debut on Saturday.

Minor panic #1 - had no idea what my FAN number or Wholegame password is (normally do all my admin on a desktop PC at home) so wasn’t sure I’d be able to log in to MOAS, but thanks to Google account remembering all my passwords (despite what device I was on) I was able to log on and confirm

Minor panic #2 - was due to fly back late Wednesday/early hours of Thursday but flight was initially delayed, and then looking like it might get cancelled. Next flight back was Sunday! In the end, just had to suffer a 3 hour delay.

Looking forward to tomorrow…

Tuesday morning, I was sat in a cafe in Athens enjoying a cool drink when I decided to check my emails to find I had been appointed as a (replacement) AR and will also be making my FA cup debut on Saturday.

Minor panic #1 - had no idea what my FAN number or Wholegame password is (normally do all my admin on a desktop PC at home) so wasn’t sure I’d be able to log in to MOAS, but thanks to Google account remembering all my passwords (despite what device I was on) I was able to log on and confirm

Minor panic #2 - was due to fly back late Wednesday/early hours of Thursday but flight was initially delayed, and then looking like it might get cancelled. Next flight back was Sunday! In the end, just had to suffer a 3 hour delay.

Phew!

Amongst all the doom and gloom we will inevitably get during the season to come from player, spectator, bench, spectator misbehaviour, observation issues and our own inevitable balls ups, this is a lovely reminder that we do this because we enjoy it, we love football and it gives us the opportunity to be involved in matches and competitions which for whatever reason we can't (now) play in.

A great mindset to start the season with @RefJef Hope it goes well for you !

I was due to go watch an FA Cup game tomorrow as I thought my season starts next week as a L4SAR. Just been handed an appointment to the very game I was going to watch

I was due to go watch an FA Cup game tomorrow as I thought my season starts next week as a L4SAR. Just been handed an appointment to the very game I was going to watch
Could be worse - could have been asked before kick off to do it without your kit 🤣 good luck

Funny story.. I have had another appointment through (my third ever) and I upon looking at the location started to see a pattern… they were a very long way away.

Having then checked my MOAS account my address is completely wrong. Tomorrow I am travelling a 142 mile round trip to run the line. I just thought this was normal.

I have emailed to explain and hope that my other appointment can be changed.

Also I am having to claim a large amount of expenses from the home team tomorrow which I have made them aware about, will this be okay?

Any advice here would be useful thanks!

Funny story.. I have had another appointment through (my third ever) and I upon looking at the location started to see a pattern… they were a very long way away.

Having then checked my MOAS account my address is completely wrong. Tomorrow I am travelling a 142 mile round trip to run the line. I just thought this was normal.

Also I am having to claim a large amount of expenses from the home team tomorrow which I have made them aware about, will this be okay?

Really, you should only be claiming from the address on MOAS. I'd seek advice from FA about what to charge.

Advice? Correct your address on MOAS 😁

Really, you should only be claiming from the address on MOAS. I'd seek advice from FA about what to charge.
The moral of the story is that as soon as MOAS is operational for the new season to check everything. However, at the end of the day, with the FA having appointed some ARs who haven’t been registered for a few years and naturally they pulled out, I’m sure the club will be happy having a full set of officials. If it was me I would only claim for mileage from the incorrect address on MOAS since I would consider my fault for not checking, though for you, I think the club will give you credit if you compromised with say mileage of half way between where you live & the club, especially when you alerted them (though I could be wrong).

Thanks.

I will be upfront and honest and see what happens. I am still looking forward to it and ironically, I don’t think I would have been appointed to any had my correct address been entered, so I look upon it as a positive.

Back