A&H

Man City vs Arsenal

The Referee Store
What is it with Arsenal and ill-discpline? Their red card count under Wenger was horrendous and well documented, not much appears to have changed since. Both Gabriel's first yellow and Saka's are purely down to the player's utter stupidity!

The inconsistency is why VAR chose not to send the ref to have a look at the Ederson challenge, but did the Silva one. Same frustration with Kane vs Robertson

Commentator on BT saying the ref has lost control, while I think he's been absolutely excellent. Not sure he's made any wrong decisions, even with the VAR interference

Personally, if you are not sending the ref to VAR for the first one (Contact and penalty) then why are you sending him to VAR for the second one (minimal contact and a clear milking it dive)

Ref has lost control of the match too.... It is getting messy now.

Never been a fan of Stuart Attwell, but BT's Darren Fletcher's comment that the ref had lost control of the game was utterly ridiculous and was said immediately after Attwell waved away some handbags involving Laport. If anyone lost the plot, it was the players with their poor discipline!

Commentator on BT saying the ref has lost control, while I think he's been absolutely excellent. Not sure he's made any wrong decisions, even with the VAR interference
This follows him going 'Laporte has thrown an arm there' replays showed he hadn't even raised his finger let alone his arm. I'm getting more and more annoyed with TV commentary, they are genuinely clueless at times.

I think Attwell actually had good control of the match. Sometimes players get caught in the moment and decide they want to lose control. That's not the referee's fault.

The first penalty wasn't clear and obvious. How many times do we go through this? If you have to slow mo and zoom in to see who's foot got there first. It is NOT CLEAR or OBVIOUS.

Never been a fan of Stuart Attwell, but BT's Darren Fletcher's comment that the ref had lost control of the game was utterly ridiculous and was said immediately after Attwell waved away some handbags involving Laport. If anyone lost the plot, it was the players with their poor discipline!
It was more the fact that the city back line got away with numerous fouls and didn't get cautioned. City players were loving it and they made it play to their advantage.

I think Stuart Attwell has been fine. The problem is PGMOL continue to make a complete mess of VAR and no one has a clue when VAR should be getting involved or not. Personally I think the first one wasn't a penalty and the second one was, Silva did go down easily but there is a clear foul there that Attwell missed initially.

The old ill disciplined Arsenal returned today and they only have themselves to blame. Gabriel blatantly tried to cheat by scuffing up the penalty area, as did Ramsdale but he got away with it, and his second caution was absolutely nailed on. I suspect they can look forward to getting several charges. One for continually surrounding the referee, one for showing the Man City penalty on the screen before it had even been taken, and another for the sheer number of objects thrown on after the winner.

It was more the fact that the city back line got away with numerous fouls and didn't get cautioned. City players were loving it and they made it play to their advantage.
4 city fouls in the whole game and 2 of them were after we got the 2nd

Hmm, Man City only committed 5 fouls all game. Arsenal committed 13. The Rodri foul that led to Saka's caution was nowhere near a caution, yet numerous Arsenal players surrounded the referee.

I think Stuart Attwell has been fine. The problem is PGMOL continue to make a complete mess of VAR and no one has a clue when VAR should be getting involved or not.

Spot on there. Each game its different.
You can almost gaurentee there will be more incidents this weekend.

Sorry for the previous comment - still fuming. Arteta's incompetence at getting any form of discipline into this squad is ridiculous. Most red cards in the prem since he took over. Most were ridiculous decisions made on the player's part. Gabriel was always getting a yellow for his tackle/clothes line ... Xhaka making VAR think about the possibility of giving a penalty is pure stupidity too.

I'm all for a VAR moan but
No idea what BT sport drank last night.
Referee team got all three big match incidents correct and they're going on like it's some huge VAR screwjob.
Embarrassing by the pundits.
Ferdinand has also been a tool

Back