A&H

France vs England

The Referee Store
Is distance from goal a criteria to go back to check a foul?
No. The APP is from time of possession, so that potential foul was absolutely in scope according to the protocoLS. At the same time, I think (outside a couple of leagues) there is a huge reluctance to go back that far in time. In practical terms, I think a foul is going to have to be much more clear than that to go back that far in the WC.

Whether this is seen as C&O, I’m interested. And it was, at the screen now, shocked if this isn’t given

Whether this is seen as C&O, I’m interested. And it was, at the screen now, shocked if this isn’t given
Don’t think it’s C&O but can see an argument either way. Once you’ve given it, it surely has to be a red though?

I’m with James, red never crossed my mind there to be honest. The chances of controlling it seemed limited, and was facing wide of goal, I don’t think it met the criteria for DOGSO for me

You can't guarantee he's controlling that well enough to get a shot off before the keeper gets to him, so no red for me.

He's not going to control it and shot. Either hit or first time or knock it round the goalkeeper.
Either way too difficult a chance to be DOGSO.

Not even close to a red.
I'll respectfully disagree looking at Mount's pace into the box and distance from the ball and that Lloris stayed back. Don't think it's clear cut either way,which is why I consider it luck he received a YC.

Back