A&H

Euros

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this absolutely impeded Lukakas's movement--you can see him straining against being held back and an impact on his balance. Brych either didn't see the hold or didn't see the impact because he was straight lined. This would have easily been called on VAR review if it had been in the PA.

But this isn't a new concept either. While the addition to the glossary is new, not calling holding fouls when a shirt pull had no impact has long been handled through the concept of trifling.
Yes, but by scribing it places more emphasis on it.
Whilst we could see the affect it had obviously the R could not. Had it been really obvious that RLs movement was being impeded he could have made an educated guess (happens all the time) or made a movement to get a better view (the preferred option). Give. He did not attempt to do that suggests he did t see anything in RLs movement he felt needed to be checked.
Like I say, it's a foul for me but if the R doesn't suspect his movement is being impeded, he's going to do little to be looking for the reason for it.

A&H International
Defender shepherding ball out for a goal kick, tripped just inside the f. o. p. near the goal line, would be one example.
I’d say that’s just careless and no sanction. My idea is that I think the difference is that a reckless foul with no attempt to play the ball should be seen as dangerous

I’d say that’s just careless and no sanction. My idea is that I think the difference is that a reckless foul with no attempt to play the ball should be seen as dangerous
I agree totally - we were asked for any example of a careless foul which did not stop a promising attack, hence my post. Careless, so no caution.

As a football fan and a referee, I’m really not enjoying the amount of diving that is going on and for some reason it is never punished. And that scream that they all do every time they get tackled. Just ridiculous. I wish they would punish it to get it out of the game.

As a football fan and a referee, I’m really not enjoying the amount of diving that is going on and for some reason it is never punished. And that scream that they all do every time they get tackled. Just ridiculous. I wish they would punish it to get it out of the game.
Prime example from Morata. Stroked on his shoulder and goes down holding his face for 30 seconds. Embarrassing.

I was following #305, which led the debate to stopping a promising attack but the same applies to this example in respect of a careless tackle without attempting to play the ball . . . careless = free kick only.
Of course yeah! We were just discussing whether we thought there could be a law added to allow cautions for careless challenges with no attempt to play the ball or red cards for reckless challenges with no attempt to play the ball.

Whilst the global audience was enoying 8 goals, I was scratching my barnet when the board went up at the end of the first period of ET
ONE added minute ⁉️⁉️⁉️
There was three and a half minutes of Spanish players kissing each other FGS 💋💋💋

Last edited:
It's one of those games where it is a bit hard to tell if it is a relatively easy game to ref or if he made it into a relatively easy game to ref.
Great point. My guess is the players respect him loads. More importantly they trust him. The calm way he explained the ball was in but VAR will still check everything else. The way he handled Moratas theatrics towards the end. And he must have covered a lot of ground.

Class act.

Very disappointed not to see a yellow for pogba for what was one of the acts of stopping a promising attack I think I've ever seen.

Straight after a non yellow after a clearly reckless tackle from which he did play advantage, so wonder if he was evening it up

Very disappointed not to see a yellow for pogba for what was one of the acts of stopping a promising attack I think I've ever seen.

Straight after a non yellow after a clearly reckless tackle from which he did play advantage, so wonder if he was evening it up

He did caution for the reckless challenge that he played advantage from.

Getting rather annoyed with Clive Tyldesley insisting on calling Griezmann (Greeze-man) Grease-man.

Tile Des Lee anyone?

Even if the ref isn’t sure on in/out surely it was an easy whistle.

(First contact looked outside to me. The whole thing, up the other end, Mbappe down, another appeal... it presented poorly... rerefereeing. :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back