A&H

UECL Final

The Referee Store
It looks like the AR2 has changed at half time.

Not sure if it was linked to the missiles?

I thought the absence of crowd control during the match and after the final whistle was another squalid black mark for UEFA.

I thought the goal celebration was a nailed on second yellow.

Ref made some poor decisions, low point was playing a lot of extra minutes, which looked suspicious to me.

Ref made some poor decisions, low point was playing a lot of extra minutes, which looked suspicious to me.
Given the game didn’t restart until nearly 90+2 following Bowen’s goal and both sides subsequently made subs in added time I’d say the added time was quite accurate.

Please don’t question the integrity of colleagues in this forum.

Agreed. Couldn't understand why the commentators didn't pick up the fact the game kicked off over a minute into added time as it was.

Also was expecting a yellow for Benrahama for the celebration. Complete stupidity from him as he was already on a YC, but got away with it

So for all you wedded to the LOTG and loyal to forensics and interpretation of very important KMDs, the ignorance of the mandatory caution for excessive celebration of a goal, makes an absolute mockery of the way the game is Refereed
The same fans that he was in amongst, were the same lot that were throwing stuff on the pitch just minutes earlier. Not even that consideration of safety or the threat of delay/abandonment was accounted for when blatantly ignoring the Law.... WALOFS
The HB was another accident (Hand of Devil, not God), but we've done the 'fairness' thing to death and a PK was expected
That said, well done West Ham, second best on the night, but the game plan worked and nice to see them win in the end

Does this need adding to the acronym page?
Good shout. Maybe IFAB should reserve the Domain Name www.walofs.com (clicking on the link, it appears to be available 😃 )
Seriously though, how do you Referee a game in which the participants are not discouraged from cheating and in which our Senior Colleagues are instructed to selectively ignore mandatory Law? The overall standard of Refereeing will remain poor as long as our pro colleagues are forbidden from refereeing the way that they should

Top class refereeing from Mr del Cerro Grande . This game really shows why I'd one of the best referees in Spain. Sorry that he is retiring but he has had a great career.

Back