A&H

Stepped approach or caution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe cunningham

Game this evening and a player told me to 'f**ck off' as I gave a throw in against his team. The player had been quite for all the game and hadn't done anything to pop up on my radar. In this situation should I of used the stepped approach to deal with it or was I right to show in a yellow?

The Referee Store
What league was it? Was it a normal league game? If so, probably just going into the wrong sub-menu

A few of my leagues you have division 1 teams in the division 3 folder for no known reason :rolleyes:

Try going into the league list then choosing 'all teams in the league'

What league was it? Was it a normal league game? If so, probably just going into the wrong sub-menu

A few of my leagues you have division 1 teams in the division 3 folder for no known reason :rolleyes:

Try going into the league list then choosing 'all teams in the league'

What was the name of the competition?

It was the Salford and district league, I've clicked on 'all teams in league' and it's showing over teams that are in the club but not the team that I need :mad:. I'll pop an email over to the ref sec and see if he can sort it for me

Eff it, effin ell, oh eff, in context, quiet game, quiet word.
eff you, at you, about a decision, has to be the Ivor Novello
No drama but that has to be card or you are last week's ref IMHO

Stepped approach doesn't mean you HAVE to start at the lowest point. It means you still judge each incident on its merits.

If that was said more or less under the breath at the 'decision', then I couldn't justify anything less than a caution at any level. If the player has actually made the point of looking at me while saying it or screamed it, he's walking.

Hate not being able to beat Whole Game. Sorry you'll have to ring the County FA lol
I do the same haha, listen to people moan that it doesn't work and then usually find the fixture myself and show them.

The creases in the system will soon iron out, the issue is there is a portion of referees who moan about it but don't report the issues, and therefore the issue is never fixed.

If it is said as a reaction, which sometimes it is, then most likely a yellow, maybe a chat with the captain or coach at youth level, if it is said directly at you then he's gone. It's not offensive but is abusive so, goodbye!!

am i missing something under 14 player tells you to f,,k off wrong colour guys red card
In the context of a quiet game and quiet player I am likely to give a yellow for one isolated eff off. If said player repeats before, during or after administering the caution, then a second caution, or red (if the tone or language change warrants) will follow. Had one of these three weeks ago.

I had well trained 14 year olds tonight, regional league, good ARs.
The players were dirty. Vicious at times. Lots of late challenges, shirt pulling, an attempted elbow. No swearing at me. But a couple of obscenities at the furniture. Only two cautions. I think a kept a lid on it well. I whistled the fouls and gave plenty of warnings when I thought individuals were close to the edge. Also got very close to problem players at corners - as recommended on these very pages.

Biggest triumph tonight was free kick management. Loads of quick free kicks tonight, really happy. Last year I was far too ceremonial.

With the eff off, as has been discussed before, everyone has their own tolerance. Without aggression, I will probably only give a yellow for an isolated eff off... but it's all about context...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back