A&H

Sin Bin - Guinea pigs

The Referee Store
Give us the 10 yard advancement of ANY FK which is greeted by 'strong' dissent or crowding of the MO and the problem will dissipate very very quickly, if it goes into the box then its a penalty, period!!!! That will shut the fookers up, and if we don't shut them up their own team mates will when it starts costing them goals!!!! You heard it here first!!!

if team a looses 5 players to dissent tat the same time ie crowding his will have a major impact game as it continues because the players have not been sent off so it will work very quickly

if team a looses 5 players to dissent tat the same time ie crowding his will have a major impact game as it continues because the players have not been sent off so it will work very quickly

It will only work if referees use the tools available to them, i.e. their cards. Will referees really caution players who crowd them, I'm not so sure personally, and if they do I suspect it will only be one player rather than as many as five.

My league is not selected, I'm considering splitting my time between that league and the SAL who are.

I think sin bins are worth trying. I'm surprised so many referees are against trying it.

I'll have a bet that the sin bin will be expected in some leagues as a kop out for many other offences on the FOP (regardless of the actual dissent only rule)... watch this space!

Last edited:
Wonder if any of the trial leagues also run repeat substitutions?

"Ref, ref, don't sin bin him....I'll sub him for 10 minutes....same thing..."

I've done games with rolling subs and it can sometimes be an absolute joke. Some managers treat it like 'special teams' for certain situations, like in US Football!!

Game can become an absolute farce with on/off/on/off!!!

I've done games with rolling subs and it can sometimes be an absolute joke. Some managers treat it like 'special teams' for certain situations, like in US Football!!

Game can become an absolute farce with on/off/on/off!!!

My league run rolling subs... it's fantastic. Yes, it can be annoying when clubs chop 'n' change at an annoying rate, but it's rare.

Well, the York league is having return substitutions (as is the new correct name) in its Reserve Divisions next season. Something the FA wants to increase particapition, so they wish is our command! Lets see how it works!:confused:

Reactions: DB
I agree with DB, it's great for lower leagues. I know if I was coming along every Saturday and kept being 4th choice sub and not playing, I'd soon stop coming along - so it means everyone who turns up will get a chance to get on the pitch, which I think is key for keeping participation up at grassroots level.

Reactions: DB
Rolling subs at youth is great, it gives more oppurtunity to kids and is manageable very easily.

Ive no issue with participation element but some managers are anal with the subs numbers, it totally breaks up the flow of a game constantly, REF, SUB, REF, SUB!!

Ive no issue with participation element but some managers are anal with the subs numbers, it totally breaks up the flow of a game constantly, REF, SUB, REF, SUB!!
I agree... bloody annoying. But, all we can do is get on with it as they're allowed to do it. It's seen participation in Cornwall remain steady, which is important.

Back