The Ref Stop

Sept 27-28 Premier League discussion

RefIADad

RefChat Addict
First of all, Chelsea-Brighton is bonkers. Both teams with high lines. If you like attack, this is fun. If you like good defending, probably not the game for you. :) Robert Sanchez on quite the walkabout today (I think I have the English slang correct for what he's doing or not doing).

For me, both offside decisions taking Chelsea goals of the board are correct. Just goes to show overall how good professional ARs are to get these right on the field so often.

I think Brighton got away with one on the Madueke SPA/DOGSO. For me, I think that's a DOGSO. I just don't think the Brighton defenders are going to provide the coverage to keep that from being an obvious scoring opportunity. But Palmer's worldie on the free kick kind of made up for it.

The Ref Stop
And neither team good enough defensively to play high lines... but good for the neutral!

I don't disagree with you, but I think you would be hard pushed for SPA/DOGSO in that circumstance, distance to goal was great enough and there were defenders who could've potentially covered the situation.

David Coote with one of the biggest refereeing no no's... went to book players from both Chelsea and Brighton for handbags (had the yellow card in his hand) and then decided a quiet word.

Back