A&H

Scott Arfield Red Card

AirdrieRef

1543836005344.png

What was Scott Arfield thinking about for this challenge on a goalkeeper lying on the goaline, sliding in with two feet. Luckily keeper was not injured

2.48 on the video clip. this has been the worse challenge i have seen endangering an opponent.

The Referee Store
One of the commentators was suggesting it should have been yellow because there wasn’t excessive force.
They must think sliding feet first in to a keeper’s head is perfectly normal!

I've seen alot worse tackles than that in terms of severity but i don't think I've ever seen one so late! Presumably he was sent off?

Red card and nowhere near the worst challenge of all time, and, its easy to say he is not that kind of player, but, this is a player who is not that kind of player, ridiculous challenge but totally out of character and an isolated moment of madness

That said, Rangers have clocked up numerous red cards this season, not saying they are told to show no mercy but, there is a pattern this season

Exceptional refereeing shown here, fantastic use of referees body, presence etc to defuse a horrible situation, for those that preach keeping hands off players and more so, standing back observing flare ups then taking reactive actions, can I present to you exhibit A, Proactive refereeing at its best, absolutely used his personality, character, was fearless and handled what could have been a pitched battle leading incident, superbly.

Last edited:
Red card and nowhere near the worst challenge of all time, and, its easy to say he is not that kind of player, but, this is a player who is not that kind of player, ridiculous challenge but totally out of character and an isolated moment of madness

That said, Rangers have clocked up numerous red cards this season, not saying they are told to show no mercy but, there is a pattern this season

i think Rangers players are fed up being easy targets, it seem's to be that if they are gonna get red cards either way, then they may as well earn them lol

i think Rangers players are fed up being easy targets, it seem's to be that if they are gonna get red cards either way, then they may as well earn them lol

There is a pattern this season, its not just coincidence near every game sees' a red card, Might be a siege mentality installed, who knows....

Its outstanding. And yes, even putting arm on the gk neck area, if anyone wants to spout that crap that you should never put hands on a player and would you let them touch you etc etc etc then IN THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES, this is fantastic, and, also note the lack of AR coming on, he knows he aint needed, the ref has this.

you cant teach refereeing from a book, you can teach the laws but not what to do when you out there on the park
This referee was instinctive, brave, proactive and did what came natural to his personality and character.

i had not seen this clip until this afternoon but am in awe of it.

There will be dissenting voices, folk will say "oh you cant do that to a player" and "you should stand aside and watch them batter each other with your hands behind your back then consult with your AR before showing cards"

DRIBBLE, total, dribble

i cant speak highly enough of this incident.

Back