A&H

My last ever observation

Trip

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Today I had what will almost certainly be my last observation. I'm on 5->6 and had three, all standard expected or above. So unless I somehow fluff the test or don't get the games I'll be level 5 next year and that's as far as I'm going.

I don't really enjoy being assessed so I won't miss it. I do normally enjoy chatting to the observer afterwards.

A challenging game today and I absolutely smashed it if I say so myself. :stig:

The Referee Store
Today I had what will almost certainly be my last observation. I'm on 5->6 and had three, all standard expected or above. So unless I somehow fluff the test or don't get the games I'll be level 5 next year and that's as far as I'm going.

I don't really enjoy being assessed so I won't miss it. I do normally enjoy chatting to the observer afterwards.

I didn't know thet were doing 5->6 demotion observations. Glad I'm not with your CFA :confused:

Haha oops!
Well done with the three observations anyway. I need another good one to match you as I'm on two at the moment
Conversely, I like being observed. Invariably I mess up when there's 'nothing to play for'!

Congrats! I'm doing 6-5 promotion and done 15 games now, still awaiting my first observation of the season...

Congrats!

Mine too today. Third observation on the 6-5 journey. Was a tough game with a red card and a few flash points. Top of the table clash in my first game back and I felt rusty. I dont want football to take over my entire day these days so if I make level 5 I think theres where i'll stay. Im just too busy with everything else.

I didn't really enjoy the game but it wasn't the assessment, I think I've just not got my head back into reffing. I found it difficult to concentrate properly which is something I've never had an issue with. I found it difficult to care about the game which was odd. Never had these issues before.

For some reason our CFA has a lot of observers available. I was assessed on both the first game of the season (which followed lockdown) and the first game after lockdown 2.0. I thought that was actually bit unfair but I don't care now because they all went quite well.

@Wolfy123 - maybe your CFA are struggling for observers. 15 games already is impressive! I'll swap you an observation for 5 games ;)

Good luck to everyone else on promotion this year.

Congrats! I'm doing 6-5 promotion and done 15 games now, still awaiting my first observation of the season...
Is your username linked to where you are based? And if so are you Liverpool or Cheshire FA?

Mine too today. Third observation on the 6-5 journey. Was a tough game with a red card and a few flash points. Top of the table clash in my first game back and I felt rusty. I dont want football to take over my entire day these days so if I make level 5 I think theres where i'll stay. Im just too busy with everything else.

I didn't really enjoy the game but it wasn't the assessment, I think I've just not got my head back into reffing. I found it difficult to concentrate properly which is something I've never had an issue with. I found it difficult to care about the game which was odd. Never had these issues before.
Lockdown has killed my love of football, except for Leeds United and they're doing their best to kill that off too.

I have no appetite or desire to pull on the shirt again nor pick up my pen and pad before heading out to watch a referee or even to stand in front of a group of new/experienced referees and talk about refereeing. A 20 year hobby/habit gone. I hope you find your interest in the game picking up once things get back to near normal in time for next season.

Lockdown has killed my love of football, except for Leeds United and they're doing their best to kill that off too.

I have no appetite or desire to pull on the shirt again nor pick up my pen and pad before heading out to watch a referee or even to stand in front of a group of new/experienced referees and talk about refereeing. A 20 year hobby/habit gone. I hope you find your interest in the game picking up once things get back to near normal in time for next season.
What's been the main catalyst(s)?

I took a game today just to try and get back into it. After accepting the fixture the league Secretary told me that one of the teams is particularly difficult to manage. In the end they won easily and there was just a couple of yellows but the weather was awful and the constant whiff of weed from the sidelines was a sign to blow the whistle as soon as possible and to go home.

I spoke to the observer from yesterday and he agreed with my calls on the kmi's the day before (a red for SFP and 2 yellows for AA when one player moved his head towards the others). Couple more yellows and a sin bin too so it was nice to know that ill get standard expected at least and I've done my observations for the year. But I cant say I've enjoyed the weekend and its clear that player behaviour hasn't improved post lockdown. Although its my first weekend reffing in this county so its too small a sample size atm.

I'll give it to the end of the season. I've always done that with any team I've played for or everybseason I've reffed. If I don't enjoy it and want to stop then I will but I'll see the season out first.

I took a game today just to try and get back into it. After accepting the fixture the league Secretary told me that one of the teams is particularly difficult to manage. In the end they won easily and there was just a couple of yellows but the weather was awful and the constant whiff of weed from the sidelines was a sign to blow the whistle as soon as possible and to go home.

I spoke to the observer from yesterday and he agreed with my calls on the kmi's the day before (a red for SFP and 2 yellows for AA when one player moved his head towards the others). Couple more yellows and a sin bin too so it was nice to know that ill get standard expected at least and I've done my observations for the year. But I cant say I've enjoyed the weekend and its clear that player behaviour hasn't improved post lockdown. Although its my first weekend reffing in this county so its too small a sample size atm.

I'll give it to the end of the season. I've always done that with any team I've played for or everybseason I've reffed. If I don't enjoy it and want to stop then I will but I'll see the season out first.
Had a sin bin after 6 minutes today... and that was after exhauting the 'stepped approach!
I've got a 5 month old puppy and she's also probing to see whose boss! Unlike this morning's rogues, she's not letting it lie

Had a sin bin after 6 minutes today... and that was after exhauting the 'stepped approach!
I've got a 5 month old puppy and she's also probing to see whose boss! Unlike this morning's rogues, she's not letting it lie

I used the stepped approach yesterday and my observer said I shouldve used the sin bin earlier. Hes completely correct there. I felt rusty yesterday, first game since lockdown and I let more go than I uusually would. Felt far more like my old self today in the first half of the game. Everyone was soaked to the skin in the 2nd and quickly losing interest. Have you found that theres been an increase in dissent since covid? I think there has

Hi Brian

Unfortunately, I am the same. With the lockdown and staying safe, I could not do matches earlier this season. Now the weather has changed, no interest is going out into the cold to assess and then spend 2-3 hours preparing the reports the following week.

I can only hope when warmer weather arrives, I feel like getting out there again.

That's impressive, stepped approach and a sin bin inside 6 minutes. Sounds like a nightmare game.

I used the stepped approach yesterday and my observer said I shouldve used the sin bin earlier. Hes completely correct there. I felt rusty yesterday, first game since lockdown and I let more go than I uusually would. Felt far more like my old self today in the first half of the game. Everyone was soaked to the skin in the 2nd and quickly losing interest. Have you found that theres been an increase in dissent since covid? I think there has
Dissent about the same here in Herts. Should imagine you're subjected to more of it

Back