A&H

MOAS appointment

Redref34

Level 5 Referee
Hi all

I have got my first MOAS appointment. An extra prelim game. This is my first via MOAS and will be the highest level game I have ever officiated on. I am an AR.

What badge do I wear to the game, county ok?

Is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks

A&H International
Hi all

I have got my first MOAS appointment. An extra prelim game. This is my first via MOAS and will be the highest level game I have ever officiated on. I am an AR.

Thanks
Congratulations !

You should wear your county badge. I suggest you read the competition rules, which will have been sent out with the appointment, so you are up to speed on substitutions, etc.

The referee should lead you through anything else you need to know - don't be afraid to ask !

Most important of all, work hard on the day and enjoy it - it's why we do this isn't it ?!

Hi all

Thanks
County badge is better than OK, it's essential for all FA cup competitions (Cup, trophy, vase, youth cup etc)

Enjoy the game, I remember my first and how nervous I was to be officiating in the best domestic cup competition in the world, but just do what you've always done, it's just another game.

County badge is better than OK, it's essential for all FA cup competitions (Cup, trophy, vase, youth cup etc)

Enjoy the game, I remember my first and how nervous I was to be officiating in the best domestic cup competition in the world, but just do what you've always done, it's just another game.

It feels like they just expect you to know this stuff and others!

It’s only this season that the calendar function has been available to me. Been nominated for FA competitions apparently so need to remember to close dates on moas as well as YesRef this seaso

Out of interest .. does anyone know how they decide to appoint people to FA cup competitions?

Last year I had none, this year I have two already.

I know my county nominated me but how do they decide? Random somewhat?

I got nominated for FA competitions as I’m on the promotion pathway apparently. Managed to get a run on the line on the vase last season, but that was an appointment at the 11th hour

Out of interest .. does anyone know how they decide to appoint people to FA cup competitions?

Last year I had none, this year I have two already.

I know my county nominated me but how do they decide? Random somewhat?
County FA submit your name on a list!

Some Counties work in different ways but the effect is more or less the same.

My County FA used to send out a pre-season e mail asking all referees if they wanted to be considered for FA Cup/Vase etc. appointments. Only those that agreed to got nominated.

A few years later, they decided that everybody would be considered unless you specifically responded to them stating otherwise.

I used to get 3-5 FA appointments a season. Last season I got 7!!

Not sure why any grass roots referee wouldn't want to be involved in these competitions for the first 2-3 months of the season to be honest(?)

Travel expenses paid and the match fees are better too.

Edited to add: As far as how the FA themselves decide who to appoint to these fixtures - my guess is that first and foremost, your geographical location in relation to the venue is key (for obvious financial reasons relating to travel costs claimed) followed by general availability within the pool of officials they have at that particular time. ;)

Yes. My point is that I got nominated last season as well and had no appointments, now I have two in one month! Not complaining just interested.

Reactions: Kes
Yes. My point is that I got nominated last season as well and had no appointments, now I have two in one month! Not complaining just interested.
Best not to think too much about how you were appointed but importantly to consider the why which will because they want you and whatever you are doing, you are doing it right.

Back