A&H

Level 4 fitness test

The Referee Store
I devoured a tube of Pringles on the way home, and am just starting another. Pot Noodle for lunch. Scampi and Chips for tea!

I've missed eating junk!

Reactions: es1
For someone who has his first go at this coming in a year's time, how does it work logistically? Someone checking you do 7 laps of a track and you're required to keep your own pace I assume? And how does that equate to your running speed - a steady jog for 12 minutes, or do people find you need to be pushing a little bit?

For someone who has his first go at this coming in a year's time, how does it work logistically? Someone checking you do 7 laps of a track and you're required to keep your own pace I assume? And how does that equate to your running speed - a steady jog for 12 minutes, or do people find you need to be pushing a little bit?

As you suggest, a few guys with clipboards making sure you go round each time!

How you get round will depend on you. If you can go at 1.51 a lap (13kph) you'll make it round perfectly in time. Most opt to go a little quicker just give them some breathing space...I go off faster then slow down towards the end. Personal preference really.

McDonald's and cooplands :)

With a few beers, the football on and my feet up!
A few beers?

Just think the season in York starts in two months - Tuesday 16 August, see you then.

Can't find the excat working but you will know:

Is it that you must
a) complete 2600m in 12 minutes (start, do 2600m, stop, wait for the rest)
or
b) run for 12 mins whithin which you must cover a min of 2600m (start, do min 2600m , keep going till 12 mins is up)?

Please read this twice before resposnding as there is a difference between the two.

Therefore is there any benefit to doing more than the 2600 (ie those that do 3000 are graded higher than those that do the 2601 - I have been told this is not the case as this would no longer make it a pass / fail examination but a rading on ability).

Is it that you must
or
b) run for 12 mins whithin which you must cover a min of 2600m (start, do min 2600m , keep going till 12 mins is up)?

Please read this twice before resposnding as there is a difference between the two.

Therefore is there any benefit to doing more than the 2600 (ie those that do 3000 are graded higher than those that do the 2601 - I have been told this is not the case as this would no longer make it a pass / fail examination but a rading on ability).
You must run continuously for 12 minutes and complete a minimum of 2600m in that time. If you run faster, complete the distance earlier and then choose to stop you will fail the test.

You do not get graded higher for running further.

Is it that you must
or

The 2,600 metres is the minimum distance you must cover over the 12 minutes. However, you have to keep running for the entirety of the 12 minutes. Fortunately I passed mine today and finished at 3,000 metres, so couldn't have just stopped once crossing the line after 6.5 laps.

There is no benefit in doing greater than 2,600 metres, except for the bit of personal pride and attempting to beat your training distances!

If you train you will pass

Sadly Mick, that's not altogether true. I got kicked off level 4 twice by failing the tests despite training really hard with colleagues each summer. It just doesn't suit some of us. Well done on passing today and enjoy your life as level 4, you'll have a great time.

Back