A&H

Handball in the box

After 18:00 mins in the vid: "a shot on target that is handball but not DOGSO is SPA/YC"... I don't get that... Surely any shot on target that is handballed must be RC, no?

In that case, you have both the GK and another defender on the post so it's not clear that a goal was denied by handling.

The Referee Store
When did this ethos of 'Lets always give the advantage to the attacking team' come in.... That video isn't remotely showing deliberate handball in any way IMO. No way has he deliberately handballed it on purpose, The attacker had many options, one of which was to strike it against the defenders arms. His choice, not the defenders choice to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and 'deliberately' have his hand there already waiting to give away a FK!!!! 100% ball to hand!!

After 18:00 mins in the vid: "a shot on target that is handball but not DOGSO is SPA/YC"... I don't get that... Surely any shot on target that is handballed must be RC, no?
Not if there's more than 1 player in the way (well, there's a debate over whether the ball headed straight at the 1 defender on the line is DOGSO, but no matter which side of the fence you sit on that one, I think it's all the same to the comment you responded to)

Back