A&H

England v Sweden.

The Referee Store
I'm not Sterling's biggest fan, but he caused chaos for Sweden's defenders today as he never stopped moving off the ball. I thought he was excellent, but he has to learn to finish as he won't get 5 chances a game for England like he does for City.

Thought Kuipers did very well, yes Larsson should have been cautioned but not doing so was in line with the rest of the tournament. Dealt with the flashpoints well, and credit has to go to Sweden for losing gracefully and not resorting to Colombia and Uruguay style tactics.

Hardly any dissent and no cheating
Shows these blights are largely a cultural thing
I think it shows that this game was barely competitive.

Also, respect to Kuipers for leaving bodies and playing on.

But yes it’s cultural and I think these players respect the ref, themselves and each other more than other teams we have seen.

I'm not Sterling's biggest fan, but he caused chaos for Sweden's defenders today as he never stopped moving off the ball. I thought he was excellent, but he has to learn to finish as he won't get 5 chances a game for England like he does for City.

Thought Kuipers did very well, yes Larsson should have been cautioned but not doing so was in line with the rest of the tournament. Dealt with the flashpoints well, and credit has to go to Sweden for losing gracefully and not resorting to Colombia and Uruguay style tactics.

All about opinions I guess.
I though Sterling was the worst England player on the pitch.
Mess up every dangerous position he was in

Reactions: JH
All about opinions I guess.
I though Sterling was the worst England player on the pitch.
Mess up every dangerous position he was in

Rashford in those positions would have tested the keeper for sure!

Anyone else notice the Swedes 90th min free kick just outside the PA where they moved the ball back almost two yards after CR marked it and was setting the wall? They were never made to move the ball back resulting in a 11-12 yard distance to the wall. That is a big deal. CR did a great job in this game but surprised that was not caught by CR or AR2

Anyone else notice the Swedes 90th min free kick just outside the PA where they moved the ball back almost two yards after CR marked it and was setting the wall? They were never made to move the ball back resulting in a 11-12 yard distance to the wall. That is a big deal. CR did a great job in this game but surprised that was not caught by CR or AR2

A family member raised my attention to that, on the basis "he can move the ball forward a bit more, if he wants, can't he ?". To which I agreed, but explained they've probably moved it back deliberately to get more room to get it up and over the wall. "But that's cheating isn't it ? Why doesn't the VAR thingy, bring this to the refs attention ?"...I just rolled my eyes !! You'd think, would you !

Or the ref who should clearly remember where the ball was given that he made a visible mark on the pitch to indicate.

There are a few Wendies on here, I’d ask them if there is any likeness.... I do know three in the band though!

Back