A&H

England v Sweden.

The Referee Store
No idea how Sterling can be so good for City and yet lack the composure to put it away or make a decision for England.

Also, although they're winning, I really do not like this 5-3-2 (let's not mince words, it is a 5-3-2) formation Gareth has them set up in. Reminds me of Van Gaal's tenure at United. It's turgid and almost devoid of ideas. The midfield is full of runners but lacks creativity (Henderson pass aside). I think we're lucky to have had an easy(ish) route through to this point because a decent team should be steamrolling the gaps here and utilising the high press to negate the back three - Which Sweden are trying to do to be fair.

Did I say how much I dislike the 5-3-2? :p It would work if we had a deep lying playmaker or defenders with vision...

Anyway, that's enough negativeness from me.

Hopefully they'll make it 2-0 and we're off to the semi finals. :D

As for the referee; Done well, wish his linesmen didn't get those two decisions wrong though.

KDB, Silva, Jesus, Sane running around you helps (see also Sterling’s breakout year with Suarez playing like he was the best in the world). Here Lindgard and Ali are not getting any interplay together.

No idea how Sterling can be so good for City and yet lack the composure to put it away or make a decision for England.

Also, although they're winning, I really do not like this 5-3-2 (let's not mince words, it is a 5-3-2) formation Gareth has them set up in. Reminds me of Van Gaal's tenure at United. It's turgid and almost devoid of ideas. The midfield is full of runners but lacks creativity (Henderson pass aside). I think we're lucky to have had an easy(ish) route through to this point because a decent team should be steamrolling the gaps here and utilising the high press to negate the back three - Which Sweden are trying to do to be fair.

Did I say how much I dislike the 5-3-2? :p It would work if we had a deep lying playmaker or defenders with vision...

Anyway, that's enough negativeness from me.

Hopefully they'll make it 2-0 and we're off to the semi finals. :D

As for the referee; Done well, wish his linesmen didn't get those two decisions wrong though.
Disagree with the concept of this being 5-3-2,trippier is often one of the furthest players forwards.

And I'm not going to take the Henderson bashing bait! :p

Professional performance, Young and Sterling weakest links though..... Tougher games to come hopefully!!

There must be some mistake. There must have been a mix up at birth. Pickford must have been born north of the Tyne!

It may be thirty degrees, but I'm off to get me sen one of those dapper waist-coats

Back