The Ref Stop

Crystal Palace v Leicester City

David G

So Steve Cooper thinks that human error was involved in a goal scored by Crystal Palace and should have been ruled out for offside and PGMOL says no human error made and decision to allow goal was correct. This could run for a bit, but SC obviously has an issue with Referees/ARs & if he wants to avoid relegation this season, then the best chance he has is to move on and let his team do the talking.

The Ref Stop
The clip I saw of it was at a really strange angle and the lines were drawn weirdly, so he may have a point ? Human error on the part of drawing the lines in the correct place

PGMOL didn't help themselves with the image they released to justify the onside decision, as it didn't show the defender it was drawn against.

1726775478318.png

Exactly ! That's ridiculous
But there is a defender with his leg outstretched just off the bottom of the image. As I said, PGMOL have shot themselves in the foot, but that is probably some child in the social media department rather than any of the match officials. Which I guess is an issue with this new live updates on Twitter approach, if the wrong information is put up it will cause a scandal.

It'll be interesting if Cooper has a pic from a fan that shows the whole image. All these thousands being spent on technology and it still doesn't look at it from the referee assistants angle (ie right along the offside line)

Some grounds just don’t cater very well with the positioning of camera technology and Palace is one. There may be someone with a video clip from being dead aligned at the time of the pass, but if that is what SC is to rely upon then he is not doing himself any favours especially when even the Laws of the Game says that the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking team.

But there is a defender with his leg outstretched just off the bottom of the image. As I said, PGMOL have shot themselves in the foot, but that is probably some child in the social media department rather than any of the match officials. Which I guess is an issue with this new live updates on Twitter approach, if the wrong information is put up it will cause a scandal.

Apparently when a single green line is shown, its that tight it gives the attacker the benefit of the doubt but people will look at that image and think he looks well onside.

SOAT will help but I can't wait to see the backlash when those toe nail offsides return unless the PL will have a system in place where there is some margin for error in the technology.

Apparently when a single green line is shown, its that tight it gives the attacker the benefit of the doubt but people will look at that image and think he looks well onside.

SOAT will help but I can't wait to see the backlash when those toe nail offsides return unless the PL will have a system in place where there is some margin for error in the technology.
Toe nail offsides are not expected to return with the semi automatic system.

palace.jpg

Was it not a case (from this grainy angle that I screengrabbed from MOTD) that Mateta was actually behind the ball? Therefore the line wasn't drawn on the Leicester defender?

The only other thing I could possibly speculate is the green line seems to be on Mateta's left foot rather than his knee, which is slightly marginally ahead? (Just speculating)

Grainy but enough to show that SC should just get on with trying to gain some more points at his next game. Forest haven’t moaned much this season and look where they are!!

This thread made me learn Steve Cooper is manager of Leicester. Who knew?!
I did. I was 4th man for a behind closed doors friendly this pre-season. I actually had to deal with him at one point, because he came over to me and said 'we're not adding any time on are we?' and I said 'no Steve'.
That was the end of my dealings with him.

Back