The Ref Stop

County cup appointments

The Ref Stop
If you don’t want to travel further distances, don’t put yourself down for County Cup games…….

You have to opt out via email for each closed date in our county. Then I have a system where I have to opt in another where I opt out all seems a bit too overcomplicated to me but all part of the fun I guess!

You have to opt out via email for each closed date in our county. Then I have a system where I have to opt in another where I opt out all seems a bit too overcomplicated to me but all part of the fun I guess!
That’s where the admin side of things comes in. People don’t tend to realise how difficult it can be, as different leagues as well as different counties will have different processes and systems.

Ironically it gets easier as you move up the ranks, as everyone will just go vis MOAS

Last edited:
I always tell the ARs to pack their passport 😂 50% success rate on it tbh.

(Not a British national so all these games are abroad to me anyway) 😂
If you ref a game on any of the 3 channel islands always pack your passport (can get diverted to France in bad weather) and overnight bag. I've sat in an airport for 6 hours and then gone home when it got cancelled and flown to the wrong island with no way of getting back other than a boat 24 hours later and I've only been here a year. The joys of Island football

If you ref a game on any of the 3 channel islands always pack your passport (can get diverted to France in bad weather) and overnight bag. I've sat in an airport for 6 hours and then gone home when it got cancelled and flown to the wrong island with no way of getting back other than a boat 24 hours later and I've only been here a year. The joys of Island football
Had Guernsey once. What a day out 😂

Back