A&H

Coin toss !!

Zimmyman

Stupid this one but when one does the coin toss is it home capt or away capt that younadk to call it ! Never been told ! Never sure

The Referee Store
The standard here in the states - Away captain calls. Winner of the toss chooses which end they wish to attack. Other team gets the kick

Could always do what our ref did the other night... started his watch and asked away if it were odd or even on his stop of it.
Even asked if he had a coin.
He gave no response.

Stupid this one but when one does the coin toss is it home capt or away capt that younadk to call it ! Never been told ! Never sure
Away for me but you left out the option the ref calling it.

"Home captain you are heads, away captain you are tails, winner chooses ends, the other kicks off" and off we go.

It doesn't matter who calls it (it can be a ball boy) as long as a team wins a coin toss and decides ends.

The standard here in the states - Away captain calls. Winner of the toss chooses which end they wish to attack. Other team gets the kick
Well, the first part (away team calling) may be a local convention. However the second part (who chooses ends and who gets kick off) is mandated by the Laws of the Game.

I recently talked with some Asian and Australian referees. They just say to the captains: you are heads, you are tails. Their idea is that you can show you take control there. What are your thoughts on this?

I recently talked with some Asian and Australian referees. They just say to the captains: you are heads, you are tails. Their idea is that you can show you take control there. What are your thoughts on this?

Not for me, the coin toss should not be premeditated and the ref indicating who is who takes away some of the chance aspect
If your having to justify taking control of a coin toss then you really do have a personality disorder

This is what I do (and have done for several years). It's also what a large number of higher level referees seem to do here. I have a couple of coins that have a darker side and a lighter side. They go to the team in dark or the team in light (respectively).

Not for me, the coin toss should not be premeditated and the ref indicating who is who takes away some of the chance aspect
I'm not sure how this is premeditated in any way whatsoever and it doesn't take away any of the chance. The coin will still come up randomly and is not (in any way) affected by the choice by a player vs the referee.

I also think that the comment about a personality disorder is utterly inappropriate and unwarranted.

Reactions: one
Back