A&H

Coin toss !!

When has that ever happened? You say people must have a personality disorder for wanting to assign heads and tails yet a grown man/woman moaning that they 'always call tails' is valid?

Given I dont assign a side of the coin to the captains, I have no idea how many times its happened!!
You AGAIN miss my over riding point, how can assigning a team to heads tails aid match control? It cant. Never.
Someone who needs to exert authority in the coins toss by giving the teams a side each, in my entitled opinion, is exerting phantom power without good reason and its not naturally them, hence, 2 diff, or maybe more, personalities...

The Referee Store
Given I dont assign a side of the coin to the captains, I have no idea how many times its happened!!
You AGAIN miss my over riding point, how can assigning a team to heads tails aid match control? It cant. Never.
Someone who needs to exert authority in the coins toss by giving the teams a side each, in my entitled opinion, is exerting phantom power without good reason and its not naturally them, hence, 2 diff, or maybe more, personalities...
Champions league referees do it, are they all power hungry maniacs with personality disorders?

Champions league referees do it, are they all power hungry maniacs with personality disorders?

Again missing the point, this time on purpose. If its what you do, that is what you do
To do it as a means of match control is shambolic. I have already quoted the original post which asked for thoughts on the coin toss being assigned as a aid to match control. it is this principle am dismissing as guff.

I recently talked with some Asian and Australian referees. They just say to the captains: you are heads, you are tails. Their idea is that you can show you take control there. What are your thoughts on this?

For the selective sighted, here again is the crux of my fornications.
My thoughts on the notion that you you show you can take control by assigning heads or tails to a captain are, you are above your station and I dont believe its how you would act away from the game, therefore I suggest there is ulterior motives within to your officiating, possibly for self gratification, or, you have traits of two or more diff personalities, this one on display not being natural.

And as far as I can see, there is still not one person justifying the notion that taking control of the coin toss can aid match control.

The question on offer is not, how do you do the coin toss.
its
Do you feel by assigning heads or tails to captains rather than them picking you are showing control.

the coin toss should not be premeditated and the ref indicating who is who takes away some of the chance aspect
This was your first point. It's not premeditated and it doesn't take away any chance. I don't do it but there's no reason not to. I agree with you about match control but I think your first point was dismissing it completely.

This was your first point. It's not premeditated and it doesn't take away any chance. I don't do it but there's no reason not to. I agree with you about match control but I think your first point was dismissing it completely.

Ok I accept the charges levelled against what I typed, by premediated I did not mean, of course, what side the coin would land, but, what team gets what side of the coin
the over riding point is, match control is irrelevant in the toss, call it, throw it, drop it, nobody cares

A > do what you want at the coin toss
B > its toilet to pretend it enhances match control by giving the captains a side of the coin

roll credits

@Russell Jones watched a game of mine at the weekend. Guess what?
He didn't notice I couldn't find my coin! Shoddy observing imho!!!
Whoever suggested using odds or evens on a stopwatch saved my blushes :oops:

Reactions: one
@Russell Jones watched a game of mine at the weekend. Guess what?
He didn't notice I couldn't find my coin! Shoddy observing imho!!!
Whoever suggested using odds or evens on a stopwatch saved my blushes :oops:

I hope your report had already been written up before admitting you didn't follow the LOTG ;)

I can't believe that people are getting so up tight about something as trivial as the coin toss.

I've worked with referees who've done the coin toss lots of different ways with variations on who tosses the coin and who call etc. And guess what? I have never seen or heard of a captain complaining because they didn't get to choose.

David McNamara might disagree with you … ;)

Back