A&H

Brazil v Belgium

But they have to communicate that the ball was not in play. The audience and imbecile commentators have no idea!

BTW impossible to tell in real time!
Agreed by the way. Highlights a huge failure in VAR vs the technology used in rugby, cricket, tennis, NFL etc.

The Referee Store
I don't like these stills tbh
Maybe it should have been a penalty, but everything looks 10x worse with these freeze frames
No review just illustrates the limitations of VAR for subjective stuff

Why no card for Neymar cheating tho? No card because it's Neymar? Surely the influence does not stem from Sponsors? Surely this couldn't happen?

I don't like these stills tbh
Maybe it should have been a penalty, but everything looks 10x worse with these freeze frames
No review just illustrates the limitations of VAR for subjective stuff
Agree with the point on stills - they look conclusive, but I'm keeping an open mind until I see slow mo.

But I actually think that's about as non-subjective as a penalty gets. Contact is so clear on replay. So if the ball's in play when contact is made it's a foul, if it's out it's not. Almost entirely based on that fact.

The point of the still was to show the ball was in play when the contact on the shin occurred, not to show that the contact on the shin was worthy of a foul. I thought the various replays showed that pretty clearly.

I know the ref's flashing cards and we're not supposed to do that, but I like the way he follows it up with a point at the offending player

Back