A&H

Brazil v Belgium

Yeah, I think that video actually reinforces what I initially thought. The first contact is trivial due to the defender pulling out, and by the time the knee makes any contact with the attacker, the ball is out of play.
I don't think so. I think Kompany retracts yes, but he's studs showing into the ankle. Has to be foul. Ball is in play. It's indefensible IMHO.

The Referee Store
Has anyone found replay of that penalty incident (Kompany vs. Gabriel Jesus, 55')?

How can VAR not get this right?

I am stunned really. Still, days later. And really wanted Belgium to win. But this is just bizarre. How can there be a no call here?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 23.10.02.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 23.10.02.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 6
Because you reap what you sow and if if takes one iffy call to nullify five games of cheating, I am ok with that

Opposite effect with England, they are going about business in the proper manner and are getting just rewards.

How can VAR not get this right?

I am stunned really. Still, days later. And really wanted Belgium to win. But this is just bizarre. How can there be a no call here?
I disagree on this occasion
But the fact that we're at odds on this call should not surprise you
Indeed, as a forum of practising referees, we rarely achieve unanimity on these types of decisions. Does that make some of us right and some wrong? I don't think it does. If we forumites were canvassed on every decision, each would produce a bell curve of wildly varying shapes. The consistent referees would rarely find themselves at the extremities of the curves
Players see the world in black & white and they always think they're right. The Laws and the game do not lend themselves very well to establishing fact, so it's no surprise to me that we don't agree even though you may be in the majority on this one
The important thing for us, is to go out and believe in whatever decisions we give. Our credibility will partly be down to avoiding the extremities of the decision curves (the determining factor as to how right a decision is)

Back