A&H

Bacon Vs Barbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
They showed another angle, he was sort of stopping and starting raising his arms then the ball went out.

Had the shot been stopped by a defender....then there's a tough decision to be made.

Didn't see that, and certainly the players protesting didn't

The Referee Store
I think we are debating the wrong question here. It's not about if it was a hand ball or not. There is clearly difference of opinion on that. It's about if it was a clear an obvious error. No matter what the original referee decision was, it should not have been reviewed.

It was but to be fair there were a couple of fouls missed both ways.
There always are. I'm not trying to argue one sided or terrible refereeing. That was a rather bad decision.

We play like a team that's never seen each other before. We have no attack.

If Peru somehow beat France, then all of Group C's last games are critical.

There always are. I'm not trying to argue one sided or terrible refereeing. That was a rather bad decision.

We play like a team that's never seen each other before. We have no attack.

If Peru somehow beat France, then all of Group C's last games are critical.
I think it's mostly beliefe and confidence. We are getting there. Kruse wasted too many opportunities but outside of that and after the first 20 minutes we we're clearly the better team.

gX3uGDT.jpg

Seems pretty clear cut to me based on the instructions/clips from the FIFA Futuro Course or the UEFA training clips. The arm was extended and above the shoulders.
LOL I am looking at the attacker's unnatural arm position!
He can't jump like that!

Dismal last minutes for the ref.

Very inconsistent. Not giving Sisto the foul. But then giving a similar foul the other way. Then booking Sisto for the protest.
Then not carding Jedinak (?) for pretty outrageous delay of game heading into additional time.
Yes, the advantage was poor as well.

That's a couple of poor decisions leading to YC/non-YC.

And yet again poor VAR decision, that was not according to law - it was not a clear and obvious mistake whether you call the handball or not - decided the outcome of the game.

I make that 4 games I remember where the vagaries of VAR have decided the result.

Every referee at the World Cup would say that was deliberate handling once they got to watch the video. I think Geiger and Lahoz will sleep just fine tonight knowing that Collina and Busacca will say they were 100% correct in awarding the PK.

Every referee at the World Cup would say that was deliberate handling once they got to watch the video. I think Geiger and Lahoz will sleep just fine tonight knowing that Collina and Busacca will say they were 100% correct in awarding the PK.

Clattenburg didn't, he was in the cycle for this years world cup until last year and is helping coach FIFA referees.

Of course every referee at the world cup will support VAR and their colleagues. I would if I was there.
I would support VAR if I thought it would ever be used regularly in the country where I work because I am loyal and want to support my local association.

What is your relationship here CW?

Saw the clip on reddit.

I'd argue it isn't a deliberate handball by the letter of the law, but you'd be giving that in the spirit of the game probably... Not an ideal one to deal with as a referee as I can honestly see both sides of the argument. I wouldn't mind if this sort of scenario was added to the LOTG back pages as what counts as a handball offence etc, like they do with offsides.

Saw the clip on reddit.

I'd argue it isn't a deliberate handball by the letter of the law, but you'd be giving that in the spirit of the game probably... Not an ideal one to deal with as a referee as I can honestly see both sides of the argument. I wouldn't mind if this sort of scenario was added to the LOTG back pages as what counts as a handball offence etc, like they do with offsides.
Sorry @RobOda , but i see this as a 'typical player's shout' for a penalty. I'm genuinely surprised that we're debating it
Maybe it's because I played in defense. There were games in which i felt like i had to chop my arms off before entering the FOP to avoid a penalty against. I really am quite taken aback that fellow referees could consider this as deliberate. As Santa indicated earlier;
1) How far did the ball travel? FAIL
2) Did the hand move towards the ball? FAIL
and the position of the hand does not determine the intent
Maybe the reason player's are calling for these because there are refs out there giving them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back