A&H

Bacon Vs Barbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
I'd argue position would be king. If you don't have the chance to react to the ball but your arm is somewhere that it shouldn't have been, then it's 100% your fault.

Actually, arm motion is king. Position is the Queen...that makes proximity.....Joffrey?

Nope. Any slide tackle no matter where the arms are.
I know as a former player, that you cannot jump effectively with your arms by your side. The arms are constantly used for balance, leverage and so on. Honestly, based on previous discussions, I think the vast majority of forumites are not interested in giving that. The players didn't even appeal...
These decisions are torturous for the rest of us, because it mis-educates players everywhere

Oh they are showing the Senegal goal called by the returning player, waved on by the ref... hadn't seen that... unfortunate for the Danes again

No, the unnatural position means that if the arm shouldn't have been there in the first place then that's considered to have been deliberate handling.

I know the criteria in the laws. Third one gets it for me.

As I said, if you think it's fair, then why wouldn't defenders have their arms flailing everytime they go to head the ball?
I don't think the Dane was flailing.

In this case, was that decision what football expects?

After watching it a few more times, it seems like the jumping action of the defender is the natural method of jumping, the ball rebounds off of the attacker's head and into his arm. Not much the defender could have done there, and he did not do anything unnatural or odd. That was a poor decision and I'm sure that the assessors will have the same thoughts.

I know as a former player, that you cannot jump effectively with your arms by your side. The arms are constantly used for balance, leverage and so on. Honestly, based on previous discussions, I think the vast majority of forumites are not interested in giving that. The players didn't even appeal...
These decisions are torturous for the rest of us, because it mis-educates players everywhere

Nobody's argued arms down by the side. I always used arms up and in front for drive and tucked in for leverage/strength.

I certainly didn't stick my arms out to the side to see if doing the aeroplane would give me more lift....

gX3uGDT.jpg

Seems pretty clear cut to me based on the instructions/clips from the FIFA Futuro Course or the UEFA training clips. The arm was extended and above the shoulders.

Would be if he had signaled for it, now it only looked like that he didn't see a foul there.

They showed another angle, he was sort of stopping and starting raising his arms then the ball went out.

Had the shot been stopped by a defender....then there's a tough decision to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back