A&H

Argentina-Croatia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Oh man that is just sad for football - not punishing that on the keeper...

Well, everyone has bad days at the office... but the impression is that the instructions coming from above (presumably not to card) have played havoc with this game.

Extremely inconsistent from the referee there. Let everything go in the first half, missed a solid red challenge. Then in the second decides he has to bring the book out, yet was inconsistent in applying the cautions. Wasn't surprising at all that the players starting rising to it.

On that note: Argentina were rubbish, don't know how they can have that much talent in the squad and be that useless...

I think we will have another "Battle of Santiago" in this WC if the referees aren't allowed to use their cards properly

If he didnt see the ball kicked into the face deliberately and gave the YC for the push, VAR should have caught it. That was VC all day long. Has to be a RC in my opinion. I agree with the masses. This game was difficult to watch as a referee. How about those first two goals by Croatia though?! Outstanding strikes!

Var was used for mistaken identity? Or in the shambles that went on, I might be making that up

Does that mean, without var, we have a ref at the WC booking the wrong player?

I’m happy with the referee he was impeccable, I won my original bet on yellows & got a sneaky inplay bet in with 10 mins to go so won twice.

In all seriousness i feel for the referees because to be told to ref a certain way & not be able to showcase your true management skills is very sad, I doubt any of these referees will look back on this tournament with any fondness.

It looked to me like CR had had enough in the 2nd half and the YCs started flying. Clear RC missed in my opinion. Nearly resulted in a brawl. On a side note, are we the only country teaches triangle of control to deal with mass confrontations? If we arent, maybe they have delegated that to VAR who will have plenty of time to review sort out the misconduct? I saw both ARs get there quickly but then at least on engaged in separating players along with CR leaving many players in the mass confrontation unobserved

It looked to me like CR had had enough in the 2nd half and the YCs started flying. Clear RC missed in my opinion. Nearly resulted in a brawl. On a side note, are we the only country teaches triangle of control to deal with mass confrontations? If we arent, maybe they have delegated that to VAR who will have plenty of time to review sort out the misconduct? I saw both ARs get there quickly but then at least on engaged in separating players along with CR leaving many players in the mass confrontation unobserved

The brawl was diabolical. Ref found his culprit, pushed him away, which meant he now had his back to the brawl, and produced the card, with it all kicking off behind him
Not sure about global, but its engrained in our coaching at a brawl to get the folk who started it etc, AND a min one from each team.

Simple for me stand back take it all in observe the handbags then a yellow for Otamendi & a yellow for the hobbit for running in & getting in the face of Otamendi.

In some respects I get the Isolate the player thing, with 11 other refs and 30+ cameras watching behind you, I'm sure you'd be forgiven for missing some handbags elsewhere! That said, when he popped the yellow out he lost all the credibility he just earned!!!

In some respects I get the Isolate the player thing, with 11 other refs and 30+ cameras watching behind you, I'm sure you'd be forgiven for missing some handbags elsewhere! That said, when he popped the yellow out he lost all the credibility he just earned!!!

So your saying red

The brawl was diabolical. Ref found his culprit, pushed him away, which meant he now had his back to the brawl, and produced the card, with it all kicking off behind him
Not sure about global, but its engrained in our coaching at a brawl to get the folk who started it etc, AND a min one from each team.
I agree CR tried to intervene quickly and the quick card is the right thing. Just thought ARs getting in the mix and splitting up players leaves no eyes on and can result in missed misconduct.

https://www.ussoccer.com/referees/resource-center/online-training.

The grade 7 module on mass confrontation is how we train. All of the grades have good training info for any who want to check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back