A&H

Argentina-Croatia

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwyeary

RefChat Addict
Referee: Ravshan Irmatov (UZB)
Assistant Referee 1: Abduxamidullo Rasulov (UZB)
Assistant Referee 2: Jakhongir Saidov (UZB)
Fourth Official: Norbert Hauata (TAH)
Fifth Official: Bertrand Brial (NCL)
VAR: Felix Zwayer (GER)
AVAR1: Bastian Dankert (GER)
AVAR 2: Corey Rockwell (USA)
AVAR 3: Danny Makkelie (NED)

This will be Irmatov's tenth World Cup match and he'll only be 44 in 2022!

The Referee Store
So, I still have a chance even though I'm going grey?

Anyway, I'm going to watch this one. Hoping it'll be exciting!

(The French game rather set the tone - the French got away with a lot of play acting and basically conned the ref throughout. Unfortunately he came away looking weak. This ref looks stronger... but the tolerance is crazy...)

I’m currently watching Frozen with the daughter Mrs is out :wall:

Any early thoughts on ref & if he will show a card tonite?

Dirty game?

(The French game rather set the tone - the French got away with a lot of play acting and basically conned the ref throughout. Unfortunately he came away looking weak. This ref looks stronger... but the tolerance is crazy...)
Eventually I'm going to get bored of making the same post on every match thread.... The ref has made it very clear that he's not going to card for obvious dissent so he's getting surrounded at every decision. He's let a couple of late tackles go and look what ends up happening.

Reactions: JH
AR2 good job of keeping his flag down a couple of times... but of course we don't know if he knew or was hedging.

One feature of this game: Messi has been dismal, total passenger, walking around and then played a couple of bad passes.

Eventually I'm going to get bored of making the same post on every match thread.... The ref has made it very clear that he's not going to card for obvious dissent so he's getting surrounded at every decision. He's let a couple of late tackles go and look what ends up happening.
Inconsistent. Missing clear fouls. And not YC for reckless or anything else. Its not good, whether he's following instructions or not.

Rebic went in hard and got a YC... but I think he was peeved because it was Casemiro that went in dangerously on the previous high tackle... even though that foul went against Rebic as Cas got an accidental touch on the ball...

Penalty shout there? Easy decision given with a defensive FK but I'm not sure...

The players have clearly figured out the refs won't caution stuff. It's hurting the games. This tournament now has lower scoring than the 1990 World Cup which led to the backpass rule being brought in. I'm not sure if Busacca should lead refs into the next World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back