A&H

Your "go to" phrases that you always use

You don't tell me how to referee and I wont tell you how to play football, deal?

The Referee Store
It's a category b swear word for me. Kind of fallen out of favour with the kids. It's meaning seems to now be someone who is a stickler for the rules without concern for consequences. Does that sound like a referee?

:)

A well timed smilee in that post would have given me some indication if you are; a) a comedy genius or b) not a comedy genius.

:D

Had a good one today that left my mouth before I event thought about.

White player tries to take an extra 15 yards upfield for a throw. I whistle to stop the throw being taken and wave him back. A midfielder pipes up behind me 'come on ref, he's gained no advantage with that extra few yards'.

I said 'in that case you'll have no problem going to the original spot, as you're no worse off then?'

His captain shouted at him 'oooooooo, burned'.

I've no idea what this means but I imagine it's not good for the player.

"You win some you lose some"

"He's only tickled him, get on with it"

"Why was that one a foul and this one wasn't? Cos I blew my whistle for that one"

"Who was playing him on? I don't know; someone in a (green/red/blue/yellow) shirt, that's all I need to know"

"You might be right. I'll check the video later"

"Sorry, can't go back in time"

Etc, etc...

I like your second one and I use your third one very often

I think you're asking for a comment that will lead to a red card saying any of that. Also risking someone trying to hit you.

I think saying any of that is pretty demeaning, insulting and also makes you come across as a bully.
I also think the "they are Laws not Rules "comment makes us sound like pretentious Tw ts in all fairness , I shall personally steer well clear of that one .

Had a good one today that left my mouth before I event thought about.

White player tries to take an extra 15 yards upfield for a throw. I whistle to stop the throw being taken and wave him back. A midfielder pipes up behind me 'come on ref, he's gained no advantage with that extra few yards'.

I said 'in that case you'll have no problem going to the original spot, as you're no worse off then?'

His captain shouted at him 'oooooooo, burned'.

I've no idea what this means but I imagine it's not good for the player.

What difference did his skin colour make to the story?

Handbags situation: "Gents - we're all men here, but you're acting like boys. Either start acting appropriately, or we'll get the cards out".

Calls for foul throw: "If you can tell me what was wrong with that throw, I'll give it to you"

Upon hearing a rather comedic call for "our ball, Ref": "It was worth a try, I suppose"

Back