A&H

Who supplies the flags?

Capture.PNG

How many referees here deliberately turn up to a game without flags?

I imagine that League rules state the home club should supply flags but is that something you would rely on, or do you take your own to a game anyway?

The Referee Store
View attachment 4047

How many referees here deliberately turn up to a game without flags?

I imagine that League rules state the home club should supply flags but is that something you would rely on, or do you take your own to a game anyway?
Is that a game with a team of three or just a referee? Either way that is pretty unforgivable!

Someone obviously didn’t do a kit check the night before.

Very rare/unheard of in my experience for 3 officials NOT to ALL have their own flags - for 3 to turn up without any...…………………..

The protocol seems to be the referee provides flags for his AR's. However there are one or two that I know that don't.

I always have a set in my bag, just in case. Regardless of who is at fault, if you turn up with no flags, that's match control out of the window before you've even started!

The protocol seems to be the referee provides flags for his AR's. However there are one or two that I know that don't.

I always have a set in my bag, just in case. Regardless of who is at fault, if you turn up with no flags, that's match control out of the window before you've even started!
And your reputation.
The referee here will have to explained he was at fault for a delayed kick off. If he doesn't, the league will know anyway as its all over twitter.
I would be expecting a call for an explanation from several people. At this level of the game (step 6 I believe) this is a poor show.

There's pictures of Twitter of the assistants holding bibs at the handshakes .... :( Well one assistant anyway, the other appears to be a coach.

Always carry my flags. Even when AR.

Just in case.....

Absolutely James. I always take mine even when I know the referee is super efficient and will have buzzer flags. Even when I know they'll have comms too!

All three of my leagues say that the home team should supply flags.

Whether they do or not is a different story.
This is the reason Reuben gave for him not even owning a set of flags. He refuses to admit he should carry them and is adamant the delay is totally down to the club.

Back