A&H

what your decision on this?

pankaye

Level 5 Referee
What are peoples thoughts and considerations on this clip I took of an America facebook group?

what elements are you looking to come to a decision and what decision will you make and any disciplinary action

this is the same incident in slow motion

The Referee Store
On first view looked like the attacker took out the goalkeeper after she (GK) had attempted to clear the ball. Certainly free kick to the goalkeeper.

On the slo-mo I’m even more convinced of that. Attackers right arm comes out clothesline style before being pulled back in just before contact. That’s not an attempt to protect herself from impact, it’s a charge. Definite caution.

Had it been the clothesline then she’s off.

Tough one. Keeper comes out and misses an attempted kick on the ball due to attacker just nipping in before her who then carries on into the keeper.

If I have to call something I think I am calling a careless challenge on attacker. Yes she gets to ball, but she hasn't taken care to then not completely wipe out the keeper.

Reactions: ARF
If I'm the best position here, possibly defensive free kick. Anywhere else, I reckon this would look like a simple collision and I'd stop play to make sure there are no injuries, especially since it's the GK

In real time I would say no foul, play on. On watching the slow mo it's a defensive free kick.

Both player go in with a good chance of playing the ball but also no care for a good chance of a clash. Either no offence or simultaneous offences for me. In practice I'd don't mind any decision here, you just have to sell your decision well. I'd prob stop player for injury and dropped ball to defenders for no offence.

I'm going with the foul on the attacker because of the way the arms go up into the head area of the keeper. No card needed unless there had been a problem with that attacker or with that team plowing the GK, either of which might make me think it was R not C.

The attacker never loses control of the ball until being sideswiped, unfairly charged, and violently taken down. Caution to defender, and if last defender, send off with red.
It’s not a free ball when a player has control of their dribble

The attacker never loses control of the ball until being sideswiped, unfairly charged, and violently taken down. Caution to defender, and if last defender, send off with red.
If you look at the slow motion, you will see the goalkeeper tried to kick the ball but missed it, then the attacker raised arms and ran into the goalkeeper . . . so a free kick to the defending team for me. The goalkeeper did not charge the attacker.

The attacker never changed his angle of attack, and was run into on the side by a defender who missed the ball, but made sure he didn’t miss the player

The attacker never changed his angle of attack, and was run into on the side by a defender who missed the ball, but made sure he didn’t miss the player
Are you the attacker in this video trying to cover yourself?

the attackers body is facing towards goal almost left when running and then she completely changes direction to run into the goalkeeper

Regardless of the specifics of the OP case (and the gender :) ) I don't think it's correct to only caution for any act of violence.

Back