The Ref Stop

United spurs.

Surely SG officials don’t need a checklist to decide whether something is SFP, DOGSO etc. After all, they don’t get that luxury when on the pitch.

One improvement I think they could do is for VAR to ask the onfield officials what they have seen, or what they think they have seen.
I would agree but AR said “Awful, Red card for me, 100%”, where is any logic to what he had seen & why is it SFP?

Our AVAR contribution to the Fernandez SFP red was “yeah, yeah”, everything VAR said was pointing towards a referee on field review & downgrade to YC “not studs, it’s a deliberate act, no attempt to play then ball, contact with the shin”.

So I think they do need a checklist. 😁

Reactions: es1
The Ref Stop
While I don’t disagree that a yellow is better here under current expectation, I really don’t have any sympathy for the player sent off. He made a deliberate, stupid, dangerous play. He’s lucky the timing wasn’t slightly different and an easy, no-brained red card.

Reactions: one
He made a deliberate, stupid, dangerous play. He’s lucky
A lot of people (including the minority in the review panel) think the same and this made the referee's decision not a clear and obvious error. But what it actually means is that the VAR wasn't clearly and obviously wrong and by inference neither was the referee

Back