A&H

Twitter post/rant

I don't mean not spotting it before, I mean not dealing with it once they became visible during the game.

Observation aside, what would you suggest to parks football referee they should do in that situation? Bear in mind that there are probably several players who are not wearing the correct colour socks.

The Referee Store
Observation aside, what would you suggest to parks football referee they should do in that situation? Bear in mind that there are probably several players who are not wearing the correct colour socks.
All you can do is be seen to be trying to deal with it. If players on the same team are in multiple coloured shorts then I doubt any observer would be mentioning anything. Over the years I've had lots of referees ask me before the game about kit problems, if I'm on Hackney Marshes on a Sunday morning then I'm telling them I'm not interested, they don't get the same advice if it is a more senior level.

At that level it was an Observer, not a Referee Coach, until this season. I started by saying they did not notify referees until this season. If you're going to be pernickety you need to pay closer attention.

Apparently the undershorts were not visible until the player started running and his shorts rode up slightly At half time the referee told him they were not legal but didn't insist he remove them.
Not pernickety, as your post does not indicate in which season the alleged incident took place (a few referee coaches are still failing to advise their attendace in advance, even now)

Back