A&H

There's no VAR in quadruple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
I heard it on the radio. It was like a bad joke at a funeral (I'm completely neutral btw)
Seemingly, in a new generation of snowflakes, I'm in the minority with respect to accepting the official's decision

You want the right decisions at the end of the day. It was fair tonight. I don’t think it will be fair on a consistent basis next season. Some officials will see what they want.

I only really use the term snowflakes in the context of football, because i'm mindful that it's moderately insulting. But then, I'm moderately insulted by modern day football. Hence I gravitate down the leagues

Football as we know it died when they invented VAR...She will be sadly missed. RIP little un, it was nice knowing you!!

I said I didn't like it. That's all. Besides, football sold it's soul to TV years ago in search of the mighty dollar. VAR is a TV concept which does nothing for the game at the level most footballers operate.
I wonder how many years it will be before the physical game is overtaken by the eSport version?

The simple VAR offside in the Liverpool game took 2 minutes to sort out. There were no TV replays shown during that time, however we did have enlightening footage of the referee standing still with a finger to his ear for a minute

The simple VAR offside in the Liverpool game took 2 minutes to sort out. There were no TV replays shown during that time, however we did have enlightening footage of the referee standing still with a finger to his ear for a minute
Agree that looked awful, but I think you have to separate the way VAR has been implemented from the concept in general. The decision to leave a stadium full of supporters with no idea of what's going on for 2 minutes is moronic, but that doesn't change the fact that VAR has made tonight's games much fairer.

It has to be used somewhere but pat of me just feels it is spoiling the excitement and that moment in football if Sterling goal is allowed you will never get back.

Goals will become less exciting. City players and bench were celebrating wildly, as you would expect, to be made to look fools 45 seconds later.
Goals will no longer be celebrated in the way they are now because players, team officials and fans a like will be afraid to celebrate a a goal until VAR confirms it, by which point the emotion of the goal being scored will be lost

Goals will become less exciting. City players and bench were celebrating wildly, as you would expect, to be made to look fools 45 seconds later.
Goals will no longer be celebrated in the way they are now because players, team officials and fans a like will be afraid to celebrate a a goal until VAR confirms it, by which point the emotion of the goal being scored will be lost
Surely you've contradicted yourself there? City didn't hesitate to celebrate when they thought they'd won it, so I don't understand how the emotion was lost? And if I was a Spurs fan, I'd much rather have a dramatic rollercoater of emotion that VAR has created than simply going meekly out of the CL because of a wrong decision!

False emotion that you can’t see why or what it was removed for. Absolutely crap delivery at the moment, if this is it then it’s £&@t

Surely you've contradicted yourself there? City didn't hesitate to celebrate when they thought they'd won it, so I don't understand how the emotion was lost? And if I was a Spurs fan, I'd much rather have a dramatic rollercoater of emotion that VAR has created than simply going meekly out of the CL because of a wrong decision!
Will become. Future tense. There is no contradiction.
What I am saying is over time players will hesitate to celebrate for fear of VAR ruling out and the emotion of goal scoring will be lost. I am not stating fact. I am just predicting what the future of football will be like and I expect it to become stale.
Yes, it's great that all the major decisions were correct last night. And last nights game had plenty of emotion, I just fear what is to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back