A&H

Junior/Youth The circus is in town

As this thread is now essentially about safeguarding, here’s a scenario to ponder.

What do you do about sixteen year olds playing in OA football?

When you consider that, it opens a whole can of worms: 16 yr old shouldn’t be sharing changing room & showers with adults, do the clubs need to have someone DBS (old CRB) checked? What happens when he (16 yr old) gets sent off?

I’m sure someone’s thought of this?

The Referee Store
As this thread is now essentially about safeguarding, here’s a scenario to ponder.

What do you do about sixteen year olds playing in OA football?

When you consider that, it opens a whole can of worms: 16 yr old shouldn’t be sharing changing room & showers with adults, do the clubs need to have someone DBS (old CRB) checked? What happens when he (16 yr old) gets sent off?

I’m sure someone’s thought of this?

Along same lines as girls in a, well boys team, which is allowed up to u15 here..

Just out of interest, what are your thoughts on this.

Referee (could be junior or adult) sends a 14 year old off and says he has to leave. Manager says I don't have anyone to take care of him. Referee says that is not my problem. Players goes to the carpark by himself and manager and referee continue with the game. A serious incident happens to the child in the car park. Who should be held accountable/responsible for this issue? Manager or the referee (or anyone else)?
I'd pretty much hope the the major portion of blame would be placed on the perpetrator.......but given today's snowflake society it would be the manager and referee castigated with the perpetrator given a slapped wrist.......

Just out of interest, what are your thoughts on this.

Referee (could be junior or adult) sends a 14 year old off and says he has to leave. Manager says I don't have anyone to take care of him. Referee says that is not my problem. Players goes to the carpark by himself and manager and referee continue with the game. A serious incident happens to the child in the car park. Who should be held accountable/responsible for this issue? Manager or the referee (or anyone else)?

Both share an equal amount of responsibility.

Manager for not having adequate provision in place, referee for allowing a child to be placed in a vulnerable position.

For those suggesting the player is to blame for being assaulted, because they got sent off......you seriously need to never ever referee another youth game until you grow up.
Next you’ll be telling us that women wearing short skirts deserve to be raped......

Back