A&H

Ronaldo v Morocco

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Ronaldo takes a blatant dive in the box (this referee has been conned by several dives this game), gets up, mimes the VAR signal. Nothing.

Reactions: one
Unless I missed it, making the VAR signal is not a caution?

Although, this game has missed so many cautions as it is!

The dive, certain yellow. So with the disputed non caution in the last game, he should miss the next game? Chances of him scoring winner to get Portugal through in the next game?!

Was the Ref as bad as the Radio suggests?

42 fouls, 2 yellows.

Sounds like you had to cut sum1 in half to go in the book.

Was the Ref as bad as the Radio suggests?

42 fouls, 2 yellows.

Sounds like you had to cut sum1 in half to go in the book.

Can't speak for the radio, but I felt he was very weak. Didn't clamp down on dissent, let far too much go. The second caution was a surprise, given he was happy to just use the whistle.

I'm not confident he would have brought the red out, let alone the yellow if someone jumped in with two feet for a challenge to be honest. Not the best of games.

42 fouls and not a single one was reckless. That's not easy to handle when you've been instructed to avoid soft yellow cards.

42 fouls and not a single one was reckless. That's not easy to handle when you've been instructed to avoid soft yellow cards.
Not a single one was reckless? The 2 handed throw to the ground certainly was. A few others, potentially.

42 fouls and the only PI was against the biggest star in the game? That's questionable.

Referee fell for several appalling dives, and definitely wanted to take the 'don't remember me approach' with dissent, kicking the ball away.

This forum has been interesting to observe during the World Cup.

A few of us (myself included) have been judging referees on how we think FIFA will judge the referees performance. The criteria being no major errors, limiting soft cautions, and an overall match management.

Most of you are judging referees on how you think they should be calling the match or how you would call the match on your Sunday league game.

The referees are here to help put on a spectacle. Ronaldo being suspended for the third match after getting a yellow for dissent in the first game and a yellow for diving in the second game is not what the fans, media, and FIFA wants. It maybe what you want as Sunday league refs but it doesn't serve the World Cup.

Now I'm sure I'll be absolutely destroyed for this post so I'll leave it here.

We are going from one extreme on not protecting the starts of the game (Neymar) to wrapping them in cotton wool, fouled three times and opponent gets cautioned, yet ignore his blatant dive, dissent and trying to influence a review.

Can anyone tell i don't like Ronaldo :)

This forum has been interesting to observe during the World Cup.

A few of us (myself included) have been judging referees on how we think FIFA will judge the referees performance. The criteria being no major errors, limiting soft cautions, and an overall match management.

Most of you are judging referees on how you think they should be calling the match or how you would call the match on your Sunday league game.

The referees are here to help put on a spectacle. Ronaldo being suspended for the third match after getting a yellow for dissent in the first game and a yellow for diving in the second game is not what the fans, media, and FIFA wants. It maybe what you want as Sunday league refs but it doesn't serve the World Cup.

Now I'm sure I'll be absolutely destroyed for this post so I'll leave it here.

I made this point and totally agree with you, Too many of us are looking at the games and thinking how it relates to our game this weekend. Other than we use the same object, thats about it

The referees are here to help put on a spectacle. Ronaldo being suspended for the third match after getting a yellow for dissent in the first game and a yellow for diving in the second game is not what the fans, media, and FIFA wants.
And he knows this and taking full advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back