A&H

Ronaldo v Morocco

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Would like to see more cautions for dissent. Wasn't too impressed with the Morocco player charging over to mock the referee's first caution. Ignoring that would be pulled up on in an assessor's report in my experience. :(

I get the impression that Morocco don't have a lot of respect for this referee as the game has gone on. Will be interesting to see how he deals with them in the second half.

Would like to see more cautions for dissent. Wasn't too impressed with the Morocco player charging over to mock the referee's first caution. Ignoring that would be pulled up on in an assessor's report in my experience. :(

I get the impression that Morocco don't have a lot of respect for this referee as the game has gone on. Will be interesting to see how he deals with them in the second half.

Yeah, there were some majorly flailing arms by 2 players.

I remember when I started refereeing, we were told that highly vissual dissent immediately crosses the line (like gestures like players pointing to their eyes). I mean, if that wasn't dissent, nothing is.

If Morocco had discipline they'd be half dangerous.

14 is a diving cheat.

We NEED the VAR to be able to address cheating that doesn't result in a red card or PK

blatant 2 handed shirt pull, hurled to the ground as he was running off with the ball. To not card that is a terrible decision. Completely aggressive and breaking up an attack.

Ronaldo just shot the ball out of the stadium and didn't get booked. Don't like the instructions regarding dissent at all

If he gave the penalty for that handling I wouldn't have disagreed....it's one of those ones that the LOTG don't address particularly well. But I'm okay with it not being a penalty.

Ronaldo just shot the ball out of the stadium and didn't get booked. Don't like the instructions regarding dissent at all

Been plenty of that happening all game. This is one of those referees who thinks that booking a player for dissent is ruining the spectacle, I presume.
One problem with taking such a lax approach to dissent, is you know that OFFINABUS is going to be completely nonexistent in their books....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back