A&H

Refsix Pro

The Ginger Ref

Level 7 Referee
Tried my best to search for this answer to no avail.

There's lots of opinions on the app, but is anyone a subscriber to Refsix Pro? Just wanted to hear some thoughts on whether it's worth £50?

From what I can work out, the majority of perks aren't going to be of any use to me
  • Video replay (I assume there needs to be some kind of camera set up, won't be the case at dog and duck league)
  • GPS positioning (I use Strave to track my distances)
  • Heatmap comparison (Maybe useful... may just tell me I am out of position alot)
  • Performance data and career tracking (I only use Refsix to track scores, I can't be bothered with entering yellow and red cards as well)
  • Advanced timers (possible the only useful perk, but I have a second watch... how many timers can one ref need!)
Yes, I have probably answered my own question, but just wanted to hear the opinion of the subscribers to see if it is worth having.

A&H International
Plus is enough for me. The heat maps are cool but not worth it for me. There are enough timer options with plus to do what I need. And I use it with a Garmin and they have some strange bugs they can’t figure out with syncing that negate all the pro benefits.

I personally have the heat maps purely because I am way too interested in my own statistics and want to know where I was during the game, and enjoy comparing to previous games. Will admit however that even for just 1 match fee a year, if you aren't a bit of a stats lover I don't see much point.

I just use the free version with strava running in the background. I don't think it's worth paying for the paid version at all. Equally I only record goals on my watch. Cautions are recorded on my cards.

I personally wouldn’t be without Ref Six, even if you just use the unpaid version. £1 a week if you do pay) Currently 10% discount on offer.

Positives of RefSix Pro
Recording of goals, no need to fumble around with notebook, particularly if high scoring match.
Timers are good, score on same watch screen.
Recording of time of sin bins is really good.
Heat maps (Do help show your hard work or not, will show as a red blob in the centre circle)
Sprint maps (really good for demonstrating, number of sprints, how you sprinted & were they in the right direction)
Results summary shows at a glance your match distance compared to your other recent matches.
Video link will show you where you were stood for example a penalty decision, admittedly if you are in shot the video tells you this.
Cautions on watch are good as harder to write player cautioned on wrong side of a notebook, watch will alert you if you are issuing a second caution.

The video replay links to a Veo type recording you will need to ask teams for, if the match is recorded.

I will record cautions if I know there will not be rain, as watch screen just reacts badly when wet. I use black sweat wristband if rain is around.

If I’m refereeing step 5 I will pre-enter player names as I get team sheets early enough.

Interesting, part of RefSix marketing/sales pitch states that in England in 2022, 32% of promoted referees used RefSix!

PS I don’t work for them. LOL.

Back