A&H

players equipment

Regarding the earlier discussion on PL players not having rings under tape vs having ring under tape, I am sure they both happen. Just because we have seen one doesn't mean the other is not true.
Spot on
The discussion of why the top level refs ignore some laws, I don't think they are ever told to do it. Its is more about self interest or self preservation. It is because they know if they applied it there is a possibility they may loose their job. However I think ignoring a shiny ring pushes the boundaries of that.
I've attended three RA meetings at which an EPL ref was the guest speaker. What I inferred from all three, is that;
1) The PGMOL accounts for feedback from the clubs and players (with regards to how games should be refereed)
2) Whatever strategy is decided upon as a group, it's a disaster to have a lone wolf do his own thing. So if they do ignore a law, they do so collectively

Reactions: one
The Referee Store
Spot on

I've attended three RA meetings at which an EPL ref was the guest speaker. What I inferred from all three, is that;
1) The PGMOL accounts for feedback from the clubs and players (with regards to how games should be refereed)
2) Whatever strategy is decided upon as a group, it's a disaster to have a lone wolf do his own thing. So if they do ignore a law, they do so collectively
Exactly what is wrong in the premier league.........clubs and players influencing how the laws are applied is wrong....just learn to play to those laws....

But that is not just Premier league , it's the whole society, governing bodies set the laws and those with money and power get away with not following them as long as it is not blatant. OJ gets away with murder but us poor mortals get pinged for J walking.

Back