A&H

photos

ellisgreen

hi guys ive just emailed the leagues i wish to referee as ive just completeed my course as some of u may have seen and i also put in a request to referee a few academy games, i was just wondering wether these games would have photographers at the games snapping photos of players and maybe match officials and wether i could get a hold of these to show family and friends etc this isnt a reason why i requested academy games but the tjought just came to me and i wanted to ask about it

The Referee Store
In my experience professional academies don't like photographs being taken, and are wary of people who they may think are scouting for other clubs. I've been challenged countless times when referee coaching at my local club over the years. I don't recall ever seeing any club photographers, but I suspect they wouldn't be too keen on sending any photos outside of the club.

Depending on where you are in the country you'll likely have several photographers who make the rounds at non league and amateur games throughout the season, just need to get lucky!

I've got lucky a few times and had some good moments captured in my games.
It's luck of the draw really.

If you follow some of the league's on twitter that you're appointed to, they will often have a core of ground hoppers that do reports and take photos. If you get to know them, they might be happy to get a few shots of you in action if they are coming to a game you are covering.

I got lucky. I did a game a couple months ago and the club put several games up on the internet. I got to see myself running the line as the AR. Unfortunately, the defenders kept dropping. I saw myself only when there were scoring chances.

In the tunnel at the New York stadium 2 years ago. Charity games usually have loads of photos.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1597228072458.jpg
    FB_IMG_1597228072458.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 49
I've always found that good action shots of middle aged men (and women) in referee kit very hard to find, hence I will NOT be publishing any shots from MY archives!:p

Back