A&H

Pal v Eve

The Referee Store
Not a red card for me. Point of contact is high on the shin but it looks like its 1 stud as most. There is no excessive force nor does it endanger an opponent safety. The palace place rolling about in the ground is embarrassing

I just don’t see that challenge as a red card. It’s a little bit high, but there’s very little force and I don’t think there’s an argument that it endangers the safety of an opponent.

Yet another example of VAR stepping in to correct something that isn’t a clear and obvious error.

Not a red card for me. Point of contact is high on the shin but it looks like its 1 stud as most. There is no excessive force nor does it endanger an opponent safety. The palace place rolling about in the ground is embarrassing
The fact he genuinely needed treatment though and was down for a good couple of minutes. He didn't exactly roll around a lot either

You take a massive risk tackling with your studs that high off the ground. I actually think it is a bit of a coward's challenge, he's gone in with his foot high to protect himself, something you used to see players routinely doing 20 years ago. Not a lot of contact, but he has still caught him with studs half way up his shin.

Lunged in over the top of the ball. Red IMO.
Foot was up, yes...and you can def argue the case for a red... but was it a clear and obvious error ? I don't think so. Therefore I think you should run with the refs opinion

Foot was up, yes...and you can def argue the case for a red... but was it a clear and obvious error ? I don't think so. Therefore I think you should run with the refs opinion
I was very suprised he didn't give a free-kick at all for it to begin with 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not having that as a red, and definitely not having it as a C&O error. Further proof this VAR setup doesn't work.

I'm sure someone mentioned a solution in another thread.....:p

You take a massive risk tackling with your studs that high off the ground. I actually think it is a bit of a coward's challenge, he's gone in with his foot high to protect himself, something you used to see players routinely doing 20 years ago. Not a lot of contact, but he has still caught him with studs half way up his shin.
I think this is a point which a lot of people have missed - why on earth are you trying to tackle with studs showing and your leg in the air especially when the ball is on the floor at the point of contact?

You're taking a huge unnecessary risk!

I think this is a point which a lot of people have missed - why on earth are you trying to tackle with studs showing and your leg in the air especially when the ball is on the floor at the point of contact?

You're taking a huge unnecessary risk!
That was my thought. He could have kept his foot flat. But clear and obvious, nah. Still subjective

Back