A&H

Now a level 4

mike mcgill

level 4 & cfa assesor
Level 4 Referee
Well Sunday morning came they day of the level 4 fitness test, three weeks good training and here we go nerves are rife don't want to **** it up. started off nice steady pace in a steady group stayed at my pace yep near the back, but it was my pace.
surprisingly my pace was 1.35/1.40 (very surprising) kept the pace going until the final lap when the supporting referees were shouting slow down I had 2.20 to do the last lap ................ passed it with time and energy to spare.
did my 2 sprints passed happy days.
did the obligatory went home and had a well earned beer
looking forward to the new level 4 season .................................................

Reactions: SM
The Referee Store
Congratulations on passing the test Mike.

Was it 2400 meters on a single running track in 12 minutes?

Thanks mick
I know we probably put items on here to say how good we are, but I have put it on here for all the guys who think time has passed them by or don't think they are quite good enough well let me say "YOU ARE " It actually took me 3 attempts over 4 years to get here through hard work listening and learning and not being Mr nice guy

That's great mate the fact is the higher you go the better the matches, facilities everything . No point all of us sitting around saying I could do that lets just do it iam certainly glad I have,
I may or may not like level 4 but as said if I don't try I will not know ,and who knows were it will take me . really looking forward now to the start of the season :D

Mike, as a gentleman of a certain age (as put to me by a cheeky bugger of a physiotherapist), I find your position inspiring. I am going 7-6 this season and it is good to see that a ref slightly older than me is more than able to make the grade to level 4. Certainly shows me that there is something to aim for. Well done mate.

Well done!

Given the FAs massive bias towards the rapid over promotion of young referees it's good to see that there is still room for the more mature whistler to progress.

mick I always said that this wasn't just for me it is for all good referees out there who thought , I will never get 4 iam too old well here you go............
neal barry told all of the candidates last season if you get the criteria pass the fitness test I WILL TAKE YOU AS A LEVEL 4 so there you have it.
padfoot come on you make me sound like a strong cheese ,but thanks mate

Back