A&H

My first taste of aggressive verbal abuse!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it gets worse than doing a "us v them" u21 LOCKED in a cage in slum area of Glasgow then I do indeed have sympathy for the referee involved.

The Referee Store
spot on it was an aggressive verbal assault 2ft away from me to my face, after two mins of the match, nobody else on that side of pitch but us two nobody to tell him to leave it nobody to hear it, just me and him.

If you think I’m standing there for anything more than two mins putting up with that then your wrong!

North London Ref I’m in west London but worked in Edmonton for a few years, I don’t think some of these on here live on in the real world tbh!

If it gets worse than doing a "us v them" u21 LOCKED in a cage in slum area of Glasgow then I do indeed have sympathy for the referee involved.

What sort of favela slum do you officiate in :D Was this an official game or something you do on the side like "fight club" haha!

spot on it was an aggressive verbal assault 2ft away from me to my face, after two mins of the match, nobody else on that side of pitch but us two nobody to tell him to leave it nobody to hear it, just me and him.

If you think I’m standing there for anything more than two mins putting up with that then your wrong!

North London Ref I’m in west London but worked in Edmonton for a few years, I don’t think some of these on here live on in the real world tbh!

Yeah, I'd say whenever I got any games in ropey areas like Edmonton, Wood Green or Tottenham, I'd tend to avoid them to be honest. Much prefer going out to Radlett, St Albans or Harpenden. Parents and spectators are standing with latte's and croissants rather than knuckledusters and knives.

These leagues and associations send their referees out to very dangerous environments, and I don't know what the answer is to be honest.

Born and bred in Haringay......spent most of my late teens in Tottenham, Edmonton including the Farm.

Your reaction was out of order....accept it, decide whether this is the hobby for you (i’ll give you a clue....it’s not) and move on.

Yeah, I'd say whenever I got any games in ropey areas like Edmonton, Wood Green or Tottenham, I'd tend to avoid them to be honest. Much prefer going out to Radlett, St Albans or Harpenden. Parents and spectators are standing with latte's and croissants rather than knuckledusters and knives.

These leagues and associations send their referees out to very dangerous environments, and I don't know what the answer is to be honest.

The answer is not enough is done to teach and prepare new referees for verbal and physical violence.

I’m 34 street wise and can get stuck in if needed but for a young lad or girl starting out I feel for them because in many areas of the country I’d say they’re at serious risk, if anything self defence classes should be part of the referees course, never mind safegaurding workshops who the f.ck is there to safeguard us!

Oh I believe these days the cage is left open during games.
Its in Royston, in case anybody mistakes me for another invented fantasy poster.....

Oh behave the only cage you’ve got is the one you put your pet hamster in after youve kissed him goodnight..

One of the human qualities to consider when one is deciding if officiating a football match is for them, is to weigh up your own personality, your own temperment, and your own confrontational skills.

I would not apply to help out at the local dog and cat home ( I despise animals) then moan there was not an educational dvd in how to appreciate animals better. Its simply not for me.
A driving instructor is really no use if he/she suffers from road rage?
A school teacher who has a dislike for children?

And so on, repeat till bored...

So to every aspiring referee out there to every young referee, to every body that loves football looking for a way to be involved in the game DONT BECOME A REFEREE IF YOU DONT LIKE VIOLENCE and DONT WANT TO GET YOUR HEAD CAVED IN!

One of the human qualities to consider when one is deciding if officiating a football match is for them, is to weigh up your own personality, your own temperment, and your own confrontational skills.

I would not apply to help out at the local dog and cat home ( I despise animals) then moan there was not an educational dvd in how to appreciate animals better. Its simply not for me.

I know plenty of driving instructors with road rage and loads of school teachers hate teaching and have a dislike for children. Bad examples! :D

If Men In Black wants to have his own unique style which involves "having it" with those who question his decisions. Then let him be. Who are we to tell him otherwise? He could be refereeing in the Bolivian Premier League in a few years.

:D:D:D:D

I love this thread!

@Men in Black I'd recommend you approach your local FA or league and see if they could open up a position for you as Head of Referee Security.

You may Laugh it is something that ran through my mind, but in all honesty the money the FA generates they should be doing more for referees at grass roots level in deprived areas, instead of paying the England manager x amount of millions.

I know plenty of driving instructors with road rage and loads of school teachers hate teaching and have a dislike for children. Bad examples! :D

If Men In Black wants to have his own unique style which involves "having it" with those who question his decisions. Then let him be. Who are we to tell him otherwise? He could be refereeing in the Bolivian Premier League in a few years.

Now now I’ll get stuck in when needed but South America is way out of my league infact Hackney Marshes and Enfield is probably out of my comfort zone.

i accept its not very scary in these pics. But, maybe topic but for nothing more than interest, here is said park.

On a good day.

Attachments

• glenconner-park15442l.jpg
    glenconner-park15442l.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 19
  • hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 21
Yes i accept it looks like Nou Camp.

But, throw in 2 teams who, well, for reasons well aside from footy, dont like each other, 100 folk outside the fence with flares and flags chanting away with half the stock of Haddows in their bags, lock the gate and nobody is getting in ( or out) until the janny comes back with the key, and well, its a bit more challenging..

My brother in law is a vegetarian but works as a chef in the Toby Carvery, I can’t wire a plug but work for an electrical wholesaler..

And so on, repeat till bored..

My brother in law is a vegetarian but works as a chef in the Toby Carvery, I can’t wire a plug but work for an electrical wholesaler..

And so on, repeat till bored..

Your bro is not being asked to eat the food, only make it, and you are not being asked to wire a plug, only sell it.
Nowhere near the same
but you already know that and given its a lovely day and am in back garden killing time with music on, am happy to bite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back